Front Camera Malfunction Alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taterdude

Reaction score
I realize there are other threads covering this topic, but mine is somewhat different symptoms I think. I have a 2019 raptor with 97,000 miles. I bought it with 82,000 miles. At about 94,000 miles the rear heated seats stopped working along with adaptive cruise control. turns out the fuse was blown for those features. On start up, I get the orange alert on the dash that says ”Front Camera Malfunction Service Required”. I replaced the fuse and within five minutes of driving, the fuse blew again,(without turning on cruise control, rear heated seats etc.) Now it blows the fuse immediately after start up. I’m wondering if anyone might have an idea what’s going on, possibly anyone else have had this same scenario.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize there are other threads covering this topic, but mine is somewhat different symptoms I think. I have a 2019 raptor with 97,000 miles. I bought it with 82,000 miles. At about 94,000 miles the rear heated seats stopped working along with adaptive cruise control. turns out the fuse was blown for those features. On start up, I get the orange alert on the dash that says ”Front Camera Malfunction Service Required”. I replaced the fuse and within five minutes of driving, the fuse blew again,(without turning on cruise control, rear heated seats etc.) Now it blows the fuse immediately after start up. I’m wondering if anyone might have an idea what’s going on, possibly anyone else have had this same scenario.
Really. All it took was a fuse? Mine is saying the same thing and I've been waiting a month for our dealer (it's still under warranty)

OP
OP
T

Taterdude

Reaction score
I did add Baja fog lights about a month before this stuff happened. I wired them to auxiliary switch 1 and they work fine.

OP
OP
T

Taterdude

Reaction score
Also, different topic but I’m scheduled to take my truck in to have the cam phasers done on the 17th of this month and the Ford dealer I bought from is the one that told me that it was the fuse that was out…. I was too lazy to check that. I have an extended warranty that’s covering the cam phasers, but maybe or maybe not on the other issues.

Abo3oof

Reaction score
Also, different topic but I’m scheduled to take my truck in to have the cam phasers done on the 17th of this month and the Ford dealer I bought from is the one that told me that it was the fuse that was out…. I was too lazy to check that. I have an extended warranty that’s covering the cam phasers, but maybe or maybe not on the other issues.
Make sure the power cord of the camera may have a cut and cause the fuse to blow