Front Camera input to the entertainment system GEN 1 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TVille Raptor

Reaction score
Greetings all!

Tried a search but couldn't find just what I was looking for.

I recently installed a new stereo unit and got all the extra goodies to install, including the iData link system. It came with an RCA adapter for the rear camera, but not for the front camera. The head unit has input for about 4 cams, but I'm not having any luck finding what connector/lines the front video is on. Does anyone know which connections would be for the front camera video so I can make my own?

Thanks in advance!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a date connection. from my research back in 2013 i found the front camera signal goes through 4 different computers before it reaches the screen. the data is controlled by the offroad mode/4low/locked diff. there are only 2 companies that make front camera interfaces. nav tv and coastal tech. the cheaper version will coastal tech. however you might be better off buying an aftermarket oem replacement camera. will be a bit cheaper than either of the modules since they do other things too, stuff you wont need since you are replacing the radio.

OP
OP
T

TVille Raptor

Reaction score
its a date connection. from my research back in 2013 i found the front camera signal goes through 4 different computers before it reaches the screen. the data is controlled by the offroad mode/4low/locked diff. there are only 2 companies that make front camera interfaces. nav tv and coastal tech. the cheaper version will coastal tech. however you might be better off buying an aftermarket oem replacement camera. will be a bit cheaper than either of the modules since they do other things too, stuff you wont need since you are replacing the radio.
Very well, sounds like a replacement cam in the future... Thanks a bunch!!!

OP
OP
T

TVille Raptor

Reaction score
Hi Car Stereo Company, I feel somewhat like an idiot... I took what you said about the front camera going through different computers and had an idea, what if the forward and reverse cameras were on the same lines. So I turned on the reverse camera and then put my truck in 4 low and TaDa! The display switched to the forward camera... Thanks for nudging me to the right direction!!!

Rob

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so the maestro unit is activating the front camera on screen. i wasnt sure if it did it or not. and the only other option was to replace the camera. replacing it would allow use of a forward camera anytime. using the oem you have to be in certain modes