Front Camera Hack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would have to have a hotspot (or pay for service) and root the apim so that you could do that.
Thanks for the info.

As far as the camera goes I thought I heard the the whole campus system sent out vehicle speed and individual modules would work off the speed?

I'm sure I'm saying wrong lol

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not tying to Jack the thread but how does this work my 2year old wants to watch Elmo on YouTube lol
You're not jacking. Great question. Basically your screen in the truck will mirror your phone. So you put on you tube your kids get to watch and listen through the truck's stereo and on the truck's screen.

YouTube Naviks mirroring and you will see.

Image isn't as good as the phone but love it for driving, watching a game etc. You just need cell service unless you download it to a tablet , phone, computer etc..

Now my kids don't fight for my phone

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not jacking. Great question. Basically your screen in the truck will mirror your phone. So you put on you tube your kids get to watch and listen through the truck's stereo and on the truck's screen.

YouTube Naviks mirroring and you will see.

Image isn't as good as the phone but love it for driving, watching a game etc. You just need cell service unless you download it to a tablet , phone, computer etc..

Now my kids don't fight for my phone

That's great set up! But looks like I need an hdmi adapter as well as the mirror module ?

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great set up! But looks like I need an hdmi adapter as well as the mirror module ?
Yep, about 7 bucks or less on Amazon! Worth it. I use it as my offroad GPS, so I download everything to my phone.

I then use Quad Lock phone case, with their mount, that I place in a cup holder. What does this accomplish?... holds my phone, so it's locked in place, wireless charging and is always in arms reach..

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, about 7 bucks or less on Amazon! Worth it. I use it as my offroad GPS, so I download everything to my phone.

I then use Quad Lock phone case, with their mount, that I place in a cup holder. What does this accomplish?... holds my phone, so it's locked in place, wireless charging and is always in arms reach..

Any links to install and some part numbers?

Yeti Rojo

Reaction score
Supposedly ford has enabled this on the new PI Utilities, I have 4 on order, when I get a VIN, I can get the as built and maybe backwards engineer it, it may or may not work.

How new does the VIN need to be? Mine was built early May, and I could send you the as built codes.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How new does the VIN need to be? Mine was built early May, and I could send you the as built codes.

It has to be a 2020 PI Utility, those are the only cars they are enabling that feature in, none of those have been released as of yet, I did drive a prototype 2 weeks ago though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed it, I like it, not worth the money, the mirror my phone was worth it though

So gotta ask,even though off subject...but been seeing your last line since joined..and have to ask..do you really ONLY have 3 guns...LMAO...///I dont have a wife,and have more than 3...so just curious...:biggun: