Front camera for ford lock-pick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWEraptor

Reaction score
So, having a 2011 Raptor (with FACTORY rear camera), if i buy the front camera kit from Camera Source it will work just as the stock 2012 front camera? Automatically switching between rear and front camera depending if i am in Drive or Reverse when i am trying to park, without me having to push buttons to change source and what not?

Do i need to buy some lockpick thingy as well or is the kit from Camera Source the only thing i need?

I thought of using a relay to switch between cameras, using the reverse light, but it's a very crude solution, glad there is a "real" solution to having a front camera. :)

Last edited:

Srock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I would post my NAV-TV experience for those dealing with this subject.

I posted a question about unlocking functions on a 2013 Raptor. Nav-TV noticed that I was located near their Boca Raton headquarters and asked if I would bring my vehicle for review and they would unlock my system at no cost.

I was a little nervous about being a test rat but after asking a bunch of questions, understanding the simplicity of the installation and getting a tour of their operation I was comfortable with turning over the keys.

Well for the last week I have played with all the functions that are typically locked on My Ford Touch and Navigation system; video in motion, front camera and rear camera at any speed or drive mode, and no nanny controls at any speed. So far the system has been flawless.

I am the beta test for their programming on the 2013 so I don't know when it be released but it cannot be that far off. It sure is neat to have full functionality at any time.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to crash the party late- but I would like some clarification on this OP.

I have Lockpick, and I had the factory rear camera, so I bought the lockpick front camera. THEN when we installed it, the backup camera wouldnt work if the front camera was plugged in. I called lockpick, and they told me the only way I could get both front snd rear cameras was to purchase an aftermarket rear camera, so I had to go out and buy a 300.00 kenwood camera and redesign the Rear tailgate logo camera holder to fit it. In addition, the camera isnt nearly as good as the stock one was, but was the only option if I wanted it mounted in the same hole the factory one was in.

To clarify, Lockpick NOW has a way to utilize both the front camera and FACTORY rear camera options? on a 2011? Please explain. You mentioned "if you make a special harness" in there somewhere...if that harness is available, where, or if not, can you give us information concerning how we would make a harness that would allow it to function?

thanks

SWEraptor

Reaction score
Hi guys, i mailed the guys at Camera Source and asked some questions, here are the answers:

1) Does it work if i allready have the Factory Rear Camera?

Yes but only on trucks equipped with factory navigation by use of a Lockpick. Trucks with mirror monitors are limited to one video input, which is being used by the rear camera.

2) Does it automatically switch between front and rear depending on selected gear (Drive/Reverse) when parking, or is camera selection done manually with some button?

Both. You can set the front camera to come on automatically or turn it on manually. The rear camera will come on in reverse as normal, but can also be turned on manually any time.

3) Is everything included, just plug and play?

We bundle this kit with the Sync Lockpick so you would have everything you need. No cutting of wires and everything simply plugs right in!

4) Is it possible to force the front camera to stay on during driving?

Yes you can control any camera in any gear or speed.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys, i mailed the guys at Camera Source and asked some questions, here are the answers:

1) Does it work if i allready have the Factory Rear Camera?

Yes but only on trucks equipped with factory navigation by use of a Lockpick. Trucks with mirror monitors are limited to one video input, which is being used by the rear camera.

2) Does it automatically switch between front and rear depending on selected gear (Drive/Reverse) when parking, or is camera selection done manually with some button?

Both. You can set the front camera to come on automatically or turn it on manually. The rear camera will come on in reverse as normal, but can also be turned on manually any time.

3) Is everything included, just plug and play?

We bundle this kit with the Sync Lockpick so you would have everything you need. No cutting of wires and everything simply plugs right in!

4) Is it possible to force the front aftermarket camera to stay on during driving?

Yes you can control any camera in any gear or speed.

Great info, although I would clarify #4. At this point, LockPick can not control the factory front camera.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

I hate to crash the party late- but I would like some clarification on this OP.

I have Lockpick, and I had the factory rear camera, so I bought the lockpick front camera. THEN when we installed it, the backup camera wouldnt work if the front camera was plugged in. I called lockpick, and they told me the only way I could get both front snd rear cameras was to purchase an aftermarket rear camera, so I had to go out and buy a 300.00 kenwood camera and redesign the Rear tailgate logo camera holder to fit it. In addition, the camera isnt nearly as good as the stock one was, but was the only option if I wanted it mounted in the same hole the factory one was in.

To clarify, Lockpick NOW has a way to utilize both the front camera and FACTORY rear camera options? on a 2011? Please explain. You mentioned "if you make a special harness" in there somewhere...if that harness is available, where, or if not, can you give us information concerning how we would make a harness that would allow it to function?

thanks

At some point last year, LockPick introduced the Ford SYNC FIM (freedom in motion). This kit allows you to keep your factory rear camera and add up to two other cameras. Controlling any of them at will. This system does not have A/V inputs to add a rear entertainment system like the NavTv Allsync RES.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

I should also say that unlike the factory front camera, the camera from Camera Source, does not have any distance lines, or the blue (tire) lines. I haven't installed it yet so I can not tell you how clear it is. I will say, I ordered the kit from Chris at Camera Source on Friday night, and it was delivered Monday afternoon.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part numbers for the front camera washer or where to buy it?

Part # CL3Z-17603

You can search google. I bought one from Tasca Ford and it didn't fit securely, used silicone adhesive to secure it. I would stay clear of them. There is another thread devoted to how bad Tasca Ford sucks.

To follow up, I double checked and Tasca Ford sent me the wrong part (2L1Z-17603-AA). The correct part is CL3Z-17603

Last edited:
OP
OP
J DAMAGE

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joker is correct, no lines. The camera is very clear, chris use's the same spec's for his rear camera's.