GEN 2 Front camera always on when in 4Low?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This past weekend was the first time I put my '19 SCrew in 4Low, and I noticed that it turned the front facing camera on automatically. While that's a great feature if I wanted it, is there no way to override it and turn it off? I needed a map on the screen at the same time, and the only way to view the map was to stop the truck, take it out of 4L, look at the map, then switch back to 4L (which brought the camera up again) and then drive until I needed the map again, at which point I had to switch back out of 4L, etc, etc, etc.

Was I doing something wrong? Or did I miss something? I clearly don't ALWAYS want the camera on just because I'm in 4L!

On a positive note, unlike manually turning on the camera in 2H, it didn't automatically shut off when going faster than 5mph!

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you exceed something like 11mph, it turns off in any of the 4wd modes from the steering wheel. I don't know if you simply select 4L from the dial, if that calls up the camera.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps it depends on the specific model year, but mine switch at 14 MPH. I know, because I got caught behind someone going right around that speed this weekend. Camera kept going off and on, driving me nuts.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to turn this off (maybe using Forscan)? Maybe it's just me, but I find this to be a horrible feature!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the feature, I think I'd just want to be able to change the speed where it cuts on and off, I think. At least be able to experiment and see what makes sense for me.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mind that it comes on automatically, but I shouldn't be FORCED to have the camera on, so I just wish there was a way to turn it off (for example, simply pressing the camera button a few times)!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind that it comes on automatically, but I shouldn't be FORCED to have the camera on, so I just wish there was a way to turn it off (for example, simply pressing the camera button a few times)!

That would work for me as well.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So am I correct in guessing that there's no way to get it to turn off, other than to speed up, or take the truck out of 4H?

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As far as I know that is right, and that is the way it works on my 19. The truck figures if you are in 4 low and going slow, you are rock crawling and need the camera. I like it a lot, but then we also run two tablets with nav software so I don't need the main display for anything else. I would also like to adjust the speed it goes off, but I have not gotten into forscan yet, so I don't know if that will do anything.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I'll have to check this out again as I thought I was able to cycle through the camera button and turn it off in 4WL going real slow up a step incline.

When I get a chance I'll check it out and report back.