Front bumps???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

I'd agree that it adds cost, but we're also talking about the truck working properly and safely.

Re-valving the shocks to work better and/or adding adjusters to them is really no more than 700-800 . If it were me, I'd start there and save towards stock width UCAs that have a secondary shock pocket in them. As for the knuckle, the best bang for the buck would be to gusset the stock gen1 knuckles ( hell thats what a lot of gen2 owners are upgrading to as the gen2 knuckles are like wet noodles and cant be gusseted.

It works. Why I mentioned the knuckle because like the Baja Kit, the 2nd bypass goes inside the UCA and that kit like the RPG Bolt-on uses a different knuckle because the pivot point of the UCA outer bolt is horizontal vs vertical. Fully aware of the weak factor of the stock knuckle as I have the SDHQ gussetted knuckles.

BryBlanch

Reaction score
I am having Forged Offroad install their front bump stop kit as I type this. I had been following the progress of their bump stop kit development from the start and everyone who have installed them are very impressed with the difference in handling.

I finally drove Paul's (Forged Offroad co-owner) shop Raptor at Oceano Dunes recently, this is the shop Raptor with 37's and their in-house Radflo 2.5 shocks and I was amazed how well the front end felt over 2' whoops! Another thing I noticed was smoother steering. I was not fighting the steering wheel over the whoops.

From the start I knew I would do the install eventually I was basically waiting to have it all done at once since my 3.0's now have over 42k on them and needed a rebuild I was able to drop my Raptor off for the rebuild and upgrade. I'm looking forward to our next run with the new setup :)

Looking to purchase this kit in the next week or so. Any update on the quality and durability? Good and bad would be appreciated. I just picked up new Kings for all four corners 2 weeks ago at King and am wondering if this would be a good compliment to the front shocks.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
@BryBlanch "Looking to purchase this kit in the next week or so. Any update on the quality and durability? Good and bad would be appreciated. I just picked up new Kings for all four corners 2 weeks ago at King and am wondering if this would be a good compliment to the front shocks." (FYI: When you hide your question in a quote like this people don't always see it).

Re read what @zombiekiller said. Adjust the Kings properly first. Can add a front bypass shock and get better performance all around vs a bump.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
No problems or complaints with the front bumps. I put several miles on htem off-road now and they have performed great. Fit and finish is still excellent as well. I even have a good picture of the front bumps about to do their job recently :)

Raptor_Desktop1.jpg

Last edited: