Front Bumper Touch Up Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know if J7 is the same color for the bumpers on the Gen3 ? Got my rear bumper knicked and want to touch it up

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used just about every type/brand of touch up paint out there. The paints I've gotten from Automotivetouchup to be as close to a perfect match as could be expected. I buy the 2 oz. bottle ($15.98) which gives one way more than usually need for touch up jobs. You'll need to buy a bottle of clear coat as well.
As far as the micro dabbers they sell for applying the paint, I've found that using a book of matches and cutting the match at a 45 degree angle works just as good and is cheap.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have a paint code for the silver they use on the bumpers and bash plate?

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to update this thread for those trying to find a touch up paint for their bumper/fenders on a gen 3. J7 is not even close to a match, it is many many shades lighter and looks horrific. I just tried it and am back to the drawing board.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even J7 on a Gen2 bumper was hit or miss depending on how you applied it. That metallic is hard to lay down just right.