Front Bumper/Skid...What's going on here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp4lsu

Reaction score
I just bought a black Gen 1. The truck has been sprayed, at least partially. The flares and bumpers are body matched and so is the front skid.
So I think this thing had a minor nose dive, because the lower bumper is beat up where they tried to straighten it out. See the crappy pic I posted. Apologies the truck is dirty, I just ran out and snapped a quick shot.
But is there something missing at the lower bumper? Not being silver is throwing me off but I think it is all there and skid plate is attached to the lower bumper.
Is the bumper all one piece? So either get a new bumper and repaint it or have somebody finesse the current lumpy bumper?

Attachments

• Raptor_skid.jpg
    Raptor_skid.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 35

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that is a pretty crappy pic, but if its really bothering you, im sure a body shop can fix that one, or put an aftermarket one on, or get a used one from the internet from someone that upgraded theirs and have it paint matched..

honestly, i barely can notice it, and you might as well bash it in some more while sending it brother.. :head3:

OP
OP
J

jp4lsu

Reaction score
I didn't notice until I got under there to look at where the Baja Design fogs were going to mount. It's hard to tell in that picture with the glare and grim. I've got some scraps on the fenders I might get worked on and might do the bumper as well. It can ride for now. I think I will focus on suspension now and some odd and ends.

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would look around for a OEM take off. Shame you are not closer, I have one in my dad's garage that is in great shape.

OP
OP
J

jp4lsu

Reaction score
Thanks P4SHOCAT. I lucked out on a Lariat that had a painted bumper and a guy was taking off the same color bumper for a Ranch Hand Bumper. $150 and didn't have to paint.