Front Bumper Pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
The trick is to have the right tool for the job. An L shaped pick is perfect along with a long skinny screw driver. Mine were off and on a million times when my truck was the Rigid Ind. project truck.....take them off and put them back on with care and without bending the plastic tabs too much and they stay as tight as they were when they left the factory.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are removable and can be put back on as long as the plastic tabs aren't damaged during removal.

As I recall they're called "bumperettes". If you check the Rigid Industries light bar installation (in between the bumperettes) thread (search on Rigid & Upfitter switches) you'll see some information on how to remove/replace.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From other threads:

MMD - Pull outward firmly for this stage. Just keep in mind that re-installing them can be tricky. There are four tabs on the backside of each bumerette, they are pliable. Bend the lower tabs outward and slide them under the base. Using a skinny screwdriver or small pick, pry the upper tabs out and into the slot on the top of the bumperette base.

MMD - I'd recommend NOT removing the bumperettes. Why? The tabs on the right bumperette were "deformed" and not very long making them unreliable for reattaching them securely to the "crash pad" behind the bumperettes. I suspect the crash pad and bumperette are assembled at Ford off the truck making it much easier to put them together. And I believe the bumperette assembly is bonded to the Raptor's bumper with one-time adhesive. I'd like to find out if this is true. And I'd like to see what the cost of a set of bumperettes is like.

SocoMech - The bumperettes have 4 tabs on the back that need to be pryed over the edge to hold on, that's where a pick tool with a hook or long skinny srewdriver comes in.

ft911

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I just recently tried to put my bumper covers back on and ended up breaking the tabs off one of them. Instead of buying new ones, I went ahead and cut off all the tabs, and put epoxy (JB Weld) on the contact points (you can see where the cover is making contact with the bumperette itself). It works great!
Been a few months and they are still on!!!
Not saying this is the correct way of putting them on but it worked!!!!
Just my 2 cents worth.