Front bumper light help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ordered an ADD Pro V1 bolt on bumper and I'll be fabricating my own light bar. I already have the XL Pro A pillar lights and would like to stay with Baja Designs. I'm leaning towards the S8 20" light bar and 3 LP's in 6 or 9. For my taste I like the 3 lights instead of the 4 on the light bar. Would the LP 6 lights look good or should I get the LP 9 lights? Also, what combo amber LP's and S8 in clear or the other way around? Just seeing if anyone has a similar setup and what there opinions are

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ADD Pro Bolt on is a great bumper. It sounds like you'll be making your own light mount that will attach to the bumper? Don't forget ADD does offer the bolt on light hoop that can easily accomodate LP6's. If you're wanting a TON of light, the LP9's not only look great but they throw a lot of light.

When it comes to lenses for these lights, where do you off road most frequently and what are the normal conditions? If dust is the number one thing you encounter, amber is going to be ideal. Doing two driving/combo LP's and one spot (center light) if you're only wanting to run three of them would be a great spread of light. For the light bar, driving/combo especially if it's going to be a clear lense.

Here's the ADD light bar hoop and a picture with the LP6's.

M59lDx2.jpg

8jiBmOC.jpg

OP
OP
Swaddict

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ADD Pro Bolt on is a great bumper. It sounds like you'll be making your own light mount that will attach to the bumper? Don't forget ADD does offer the bolt on light hoop that can easily accomodate LP6's. If you're wanting a TON of light, the LP9's not only look great but they throw a lot of light.

When it comes to lenses for these lights, where do you off road most frequently and what are the normal conditions? If dust is the number one thing you encounter, amber is going to be ideal. Doing two driving/combo LP's and one spot (center light) if you're only wanting to run three of them would be a great spread of light. For the light bar, driving/combo especially if it's going to be a clear lense.

Here's the ADD light bar hoop and a picture with the LP6's.

M59lDx2.jpg

8jiBmOC.jpg

great info. I was wondering which LP they were using in the pics

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the pro bolt on with the ADD light loop. I will say without a doubt 3 large lights will 100% block your front camera. I have two rigid 360 6” on mine and 2 4” sae rigid 360 fogs. My camera is usable but it’s right in between the two large lights. If you space three lights evenly on the bumper your middle light will be right in front of your camera. May not bother you but thought I’d mention it.

4374079A-06E1-4BF1-8B49-0F59C49DA334.png

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I ordered an ADD Pro V1 bolt on bumper and I'll be fabricating my own light bar. I already have the XL Pro A pillar lights and would like to stay with Baja Designs. I'm leaning towards the S8 20" light bar and 3 LP's in 6 or 9. For my taste I like the 3 lights instead of the 4 on the light bar. Would the LP 6 lights look good or should I get the LP 9 lights? Also, what combo amber LP's and S8 in clear or the other way around? Just seeing if anyone has a similar setup and what there opinions are

I'd actually recommend you do 3 pairs of Squadron. This will give you a lot more control over what lights are on. You could have a set for use on regular roads, then some Pros/Racers for off-roading. The 20" bar would limit you to using anything on public roads, as it's too bright. That's my 2 cents. It also looks better IMHO with 3 pairs of lights.

No need to fab something, unless you wanna save a little money. ADD makes an add-on for your bumper, that let's you mount some more lights up top (3 or 4 LP series for example). We've got these on the shelf ready to ship actually:

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/addictive-desert-designs-2017-ford-raptor-pro-bolt-on-add-on-light-hoop/

It bolts onto your existing bumper

image__59840.1580322926.png

image__26927.1580322939.png

We've got tons of Baja Designs in stock so let me know if you need help picking out which lights/bars. As I said, I'd do the 3 pairs over the 20" bar. We offer a really nice harness for 3 pairs of lights so you can control them from 3 upfitters. All plug and play. Makes installation really easy

WP-Harness1__49497.1579568285.jpg

WP-Harness2__76711.1579568285.jpg

Everything is pre-labeled for you also. And all the Baja Designs lights are here

Auxiliary Lights: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-driving-fog-lights/baja-designs/
Light Bars: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-light-bars/baja-designs/

OP
OP
Swaddict

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the pro bolt on with the ADD light loop. I will say without a doubt 3 large lights will 100% block your front camera. I have two rigid 360 6” on mine and 2 4” sae rigid 360 fogs. My camera is usable but it’s right in between the two large lights. If you space three lights evenly on the bumper your middle light will be right in front of your camera. May not bother you but thought I’d mention it.

View attachment 161429

I don't have the front camera, your setup looks good!

OP
OP
Swaddict

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd actually recommend you do 3 pairs of Squadron. This will give you a lot more control over what lights are on. You could have a set for use on regular roads, then some Pros/Racers for off-roading. The 20" bar would limit you to using anything on public roads, as it's too bright. That's my 2 cents. It also looks better IMHO with 3 pairs of lights.

No need to fab something, unless you wanna save a little money. ADD makes an add-on for your bumper, that let's you mount some more lights up top (3 or 4 LP series for example). We've got these on the shelf ready to ship actually:

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/addictive-desert-designs-2017-ford-raptor-pro-bolt-on-add-on-light-hoop/

It bolts onto your existing bumper

image__59840.1580322926.png

image__26927.1580322939.png

We've got tons of Baja Designs in stock so let me know if you need help picking out which lights/bars. As I said, I'd do the 3 pairs over the 20" bar. We offer a really nice harness for 3 pairs of lights so you can control them from 3 upfitters. All plug and play. Makes installation really easy

WP-Harness1__49497.1579568285.jpg

WP-Harness2__76711.1579568285.jpg

Everything is pre-labeled for you also. And all the Baja Designs lights are here

Auxiliary Lights: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-driving-fog-lights/baja-designs/
Light Bars: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-light-bars/baja-designs/

I really like the look of the pics you attached. Didn't think about the light out put of the 20" light bar. I currently have 6 Rigids in the stock bumper fog light location. Original plan was to use those, but I want to stay with the Baja brand. What are your thoughts using the 10" bar with a pair or 2 (fitment?) of the of squadron's?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I really like the look of the pics you attached. Didn't think about the light out put of the 20" light bar. I currently have 6 Rigids in the stock bumper fog light location. Original plan was to use those, but I want to stay with the Baja brand. What are your thoughts using the 10" bar with a pair or 2 (fitment?) of the of squadron's?

I'm a big fan of the triple pairs. I ran dual 50" OnX6 bars on my old truck, NEVER used them. Just too much light for use on regular roads which is where 99% of us spend our time 99% of the time.

I feel you'd get more benefits over 3 pairs of lights then a 10" bar and 1 or 2 pairs squeezed in. You could probably do it. I'd say if you did do a 10" Driving/Combo OnX6 and then a pair of Sport WC or Pro WC (or even SAE WC if you wanted to stay "legal"). If you can get a 2nd pair in, make them amber.

That's why I like 3 pair... this is my favorite setup

Squadron WC
Squadron WC Amber
Squadron DC

That gives you 2 kinds you can use in your regular travels, depending on the weather (ambers good for bad weather) and then a Driving/Combo lights up everything else. If you added on 4 LP9 or something else on top, well there is your off-road lighting. Then you can also do pillars (I run XL80s with spot lenses on my truck for distance).

Shoot me a message if you need pricing/etc... we pretty much keep everything in stock.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3922e67e-ae88-487f-b3ce-a7edc7caadda-jpeg.160093

LP9s LP6s 20" Light bar

Sam