Front Brakes, bolts the Caliper Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fever

Reaction score
I am changing front brake pads and rotors on my 2020 Gen 2. Looking for any thoughts on how to handle the caliper bracket bolts (anchor plate bolts). I have heard some are replacing the 4 bolts with brand new OEM bolts. Some reuse the old bolts and apply Blue Loctite. Some reuse old bolts and do not use Loctite at all, just rely on proper torque @ 184 ft lbs (thanks FT1 for posting in previous thread). I'm thinking to use old bolts, torque & Blue Loctite. Any advice or best experience you want to share? Thanks

wagner262

Reaction score
I don't hear of too many replacing caliper bracket bolts.. They are pretty thick. I would inspect for rust or cross threaded but I would re use them. If you want to loctite do it and torque to spec you will be fine.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep literally no one replaces said bolts - if they do, they have too much money and need to let someone else do this maintenance lol.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The caliper anchor/bracket bolts are one-time-use. However, that is due to the thread locker compound on the threads; they are not torque-to-yield. If you clean off the old thread locker with a wire wheel and re-apply blue thread locker it shouldn’t be an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts