From Wrangler to Raptor: New Chicagoland Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing but Nice! I'm in a 18.5 Rubicon JLU, patiently waiting for order banks to open on the Gen 3. As much as I've enjoyed my Wrangler, I'm definitely looking forward to owning a Raptor.

OP
OP
PBARaptor

PBARaptor

Reaction score
They probably did a static balance on your wheels. This means they put the tape weight in the center of the barrel instead of the instead and outside. Thats called a dynamic balance.
Thanks. So I should request a dynamic balance? Is that different than balancing using the lugs instead of the hub?

OP
OP
PBARaptor

PBARaptor

Reaction score
Congrats - great looking truck!! I also have the 703's and was curious if you have any rubbing with the 35's? I'm running 37's and the rub from time to time even after trimming so might go back to 35's when it's time. (Like the M sign!)
Thanks! I do get a little rub on the inner front fenders at full lock. Was going to just zip tie them back for now and see if that helps.

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great call. Had a Gen 1 and then went to a rubicon recon and now back to a Gen 2. Wrangler was fun but the raptor is far better for me.

Steadman

Reaction score
Dynamic is what all oem vehicles have and get at tire shops its nothing special. Once you go after market the inside of the wheel is sometimes narrower and a dynamic cannot be done. The 703’s should have more than enough room to do it correctly. I had them redo mine and it fixed it.

OP
OP
PBARaptor

PBARaptor

Reaction score
Thanks @Steadman. Taking it to an off-road shop later this week to have it checked out. Nice thing is it isn't a bore/hub difference issue. Both the raptor and 703's have the 87 (87.1) size

Jay Bee

Reaction score
Thanks! Here ya go
If you see this this weekend can you post a side shot of the 703s? Thanks. Really debating these or the method nvs. Only reason not to do nvs for me is the offset and bigger tires. (a full truck side profile)