From Sony Nav to the Alpine X009-U

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have seen a couple of people asking about the new 9" Alpine so I thought I would share My build... So Here goes

As we all know, the sony system doesn't sound the greatest. At first, I tried adding the Alpine PXA-H800 to the system. I'm now much of a processor guy and just wasn't happy with the way it turned out. There were too many settings and I just felt it was a little over my head. I wanted something simpler to set up. I guess I'm getting old or something. Anyway, Below are some pics from the Old system to the New system. With the new, much larger screen, I had to cut the Radio/AC Control panel so everything could work like I wanted. I spliced into the existing back-up camera. I am working on figuring out which wires I need to use for the existing microphone. Also going to add the Alpine C212F Front Facing camera next time I pull the dash apart. I would also like to add a couple of screens in the headrests.

The new radio is as high as it can go without having to cut into some of the plastic dash bracing. It kind of leaves a lot of dead space above the radio, but I guess I will live with it. I had all of the pieces hydrodipped in a carbon fiber pattern along with the door insert pieces.

The bass control know is now below where the Aux port was. I really like the way that turned out. I moved the aux port down below by the passenger side leg pocket.

I have more pics, but i'm kind of rushing through this. I know I am missing a lot of details. If you have questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Attachments

• DSC02776.jpg
    DSC02776.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_0981.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_1159.jpg
    IMG_1159.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1540.jpg
    IMG_1540.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 215

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will comment... I haven't had my Raptor that long but I have to agree the Sony speakers are below average in my opinion. I'm not interested in changing the receiver anymore but these speakers may have to go. For the cost of the Raptor you would expect something better than Sony and Sony is not known for great car audio. Being a Mustang fanatic I am very jealous the Challenger gets a Harmon Kardon 8-speaker system. A couple of the high-end cars get a Bang & Olufsen and Mark Levinson and can only dream the Raptor came with those. I've always used Infinity car speakers but may switch to MB Quart in place of the Sony's

dgloss

Reaction score
Dash kit

Where did you get your dash kit I can't find one anywhere. Or is it custom made from a aftermarket kit. I notice the screen is lower and the have control are higher