From mid perch to top perch, not going back to mid perch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey i have a 2013 ford raptor, my first mod was a mid perch swaybar removed and i liked it hoe the truck performed no diving and firmer than bottom perch.
Mid perch all the time i was topping suspension bump stop on my onroad driving and offroad it topped a lot.
Then i decided to move to top perch, truck looks even better and feel it handles better onroad diving it less than miderch feels firmer and safer on turns offroad the suspension rebound increased but not a big deal i go across pot holes on and offroad hit it hard my truck havent had any problem with the cv joints at all, it have been like 2 month i did top perch and feel happy about it.
Top perch no sway bar stock bfgs at 25psi daily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you saying that you were bottoming out the front suspension on mid-perch even on the street? Where the hell do you drive?

I wish you luck on top-perch with a 2013, but I think you're going to have problems.

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that you were bottoming out the front suspension on mid-perch even on the street? Where the hell do you drive?

I wish you luck on top-perch with a 2013, but I think you're going to have problems.

I meant, i put a tie rap on the suspension fork at the front, then i drove it to work and tie rap was all the way on top. Patches and street bumps going on my way to work.

Now with top perch tie rap is like 1/4 to 1/2" from top.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

And only 25 PSI? Seems a bit low on the street. I mean damn I ran my mustangs tires at 32-34.

Yes, that low on psi. It is because all i care is comfort, doing 35 to 40psi all i feel is cabin vibration a lot and a harsher ride.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

3y3u3a4u.jpg

This where tie rap is placed on top perch

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let us know in about a month or two how many cv axles you're destroyed. There's a reason why people only do mid perch in a 2012 and newer. The new front torsion differential for uses does something to the angles on the cv axles and they bind and get screwed up. I have yet to see or hear about a 2012 or newer raptor running on top perch with no issue. And if you're bottoming out on the road on mid perch either you're driving really fast over some pretty nasty roads or your shocks aren't working right. I'd get them looked at

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^^^ x2 what Pat said.

Also, just because your zip tie is sliding up to the shaft jounce, doesn't mean you're bottoming out the shock. That jounce has quite a bit of give; it collapses nearly 1/2 the length of the shock's up stroke.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know in about a month or two how many cv axles you're destroyed. There's a reason why people only do mid perch in a 2012 and newer. The new front torsion differential for uses does something to the angles on the cv axles and they bind and get screwed up. I have yet to see or hear about a 2012 or newer raptor running on top perch with no issue. And if you're bottoming out on the road on mid perch either you're driving really fast over some pretty nasty roads or your shocks aren't working right. I'd get them looked at

I check mine once a week to see if the boots are fine or cv has any kind of wear, it looks just fine.
Check this video, http://youtu.be/El5Ivs34chQ this is me driving the truck offroad pretty fast on rough terrain. Condition to cause problem on top perch
Btw in this video i was mid perch, but i still travel in that road at top perch with same speed. That's the road i take to the chicken farm
At the end of the first scene you can see how it botton out around minute 0:28
The rear stock rubber bumps stops hit all the time on that road, is shown with a mark at bumps pads
I have deavers +2

Last edited:

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That explains a little more; that's not your average road in the US.

What exhaust do you have? Truck sounds good!

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That explains a little more; that's not your average road in the US.

What exhaust do you have? Truck sounds good!

It is a ford racing by borla catbacks with not front exhaust cooks long tubes headers.
Like how it sounds when i down shift too like a touring gt40

Do you thing that road could cause issues at the front cv joints?
That bottom out was in mid perch, but i do the same road now with top perch same speed same bumps everything. I have sent my mechanica to check cv joints, axles and cv boots and everything looks fine.
Thats why i m happy with top perch front end lookserfect, only thing is the tie rods has a bit of a freeplay, it is covered by the warranty, but not for me, because my truck was shipped overseas