From hybrid honda to a Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
when was this? Because I spent far too much time in the DMV, sampled NY traffic many times too - and Philthydelphia... yeah, pretty intense there too but DC Metro has some legit bad traffic. It’s rush 3.5 hours, not rush hour. Both ways. so 6-9:30 AM and 4-7:30 PM depending on where you’re going and how you get there. I pulled the handles in 2020.

About 3-4 times / year, there’s a major tie up - 5-6 hours and if you’re in the soup, sometimes there’s no getting out. I was leaving work early one day, had to hot foot it home for a funeral. Ran my Ducati smack dab into pea soup traffic. 1st gear stop and go, no room to split lanes. after about 75 minutes of this I call the wife tell her what’s up and I’m on my way. Another hour goes by and i’ve made it maybe 5 more miles, I’m still almost 10 from home and I’ve split between cars, down the center line at times. Still wasn’t getting anywhere because EVERY side and neighborhood road as full. I stopped again and told the wife to go ahead, I wasn’t going to get home in time.

You can imagine how this went over. That was 2014 and it was the day I decided I would not live out my life near DC. After the absolutely-Biblical tongue lashing I got, helmet on, visor down, get really serious. I got home literally in time to see her taillights, so got in, dismounted and called her and got her back home so we could get to the service.

After I began explaining she cut me off and said “Sorry, I saw the news, I didn’t know how bad it was”. It took me 3.5 hours to make 22 miles. On my Ducati 1198s. Ridden with purpose.

Life is --SO-- much better now.

If you’re staying somewhere that traffic is as bad as I’ve described above, trust me, there is life outside the bubble! Don’t make excuses, I did this for years. People are nicer where there are fewer of us :cool:
I hear you! Lived in Reston, then Silver Spring from 1981-2018; traffic congestion is a nightmare, second to none. Never a good time to be on the beltway unless its the middle of the night. Did the commute from Reston to Greenbelt area every f@cking weekday f0r 25+ years mostly by car. Then in 2017, rushing to beat the T-storm - laid my Ninja down after being cutoff on GW Parkway - ended my riding days, and enter the Raptor. Albuquerque traffic is bad 'cause only a couple major arteries to get across river and can get back up, what's makes it worse is bad drivers, less the road worth vehicles at times and complete lack of road manners or knowledge - but it's home now and benefits outweigh the bad driving.