From 6 ft under to 6 ft over - the story of a 2010 Raptor rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I tend to agree guys. Spent several hours on my iPad last evening (at the in-laws) looking at pictures and I think I am going with satin black bumpers and flares for easy touch-up after off roading trips.

Following advice I guess I will go with 18" wheels, but is it really worth changing size for an inch? I could just get new 17" wheels and run the existing BFG's until they are worn out and then get new Kumho KL71s in 35"s....

Decisions...decisions...

Now you're talking! 17's and 35" MT's with the shocks at mid perch looks and functions great on these trucks.

OP
OP
A

AL-Jazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I received all the dealer parts today:

left front fender
OEM rear bump stops and bolts (from where I removed the previous owners airbags)
front bumper plastic bumperets
right rear bed rail
rear bumper top cover
right rear spring hanger
and rearend differential housing

In addition, the rear Class III hitch, right tail light, and drive shaft have already arrived. Still waiting on Tuner (says it was delivered, but I can attest it is not here yet) headlights, exhaust, and front LED lights and brackets. The bed is also in route, but doubt I will see it until Thursday. Getting excited :pepper:

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AL-Jazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More presents from the brown santa today:

Headlights (and they look good)
Tuner (finally arrived)
JBA Side Exit Exhaust (this should be sweet sounding)
Billet Fuel Door (I know...don't need comments from the peanut gallery)

...and I have delivery confirmation on the bed arriving in the AM.

Won't be long now...

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks like it'll be a great build. I'm interested to see how the JBA sounds. I looked for one recently to replace the MBRP turndown on my truck but seems like they are only made for the SCABs. I have a JBA on my Toyota and it is the perfect volume/tone in my opinion. I ended up with an AFE that I will install soon.

I would go with 17" wheels. Lots of tire choices and more sidewall is better offroad.

OP
OP
A

AL-Jazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks like it'll be a great build. I'm interested to see how the JBA sounds. I looked for one recently to replace the MBRP turndown on my truck but seems like they are only made for the SCABs. I have a JBA on my Toyota and it is the perfect volume/tone in my opinion. I ended up with an AFE that I will install soon.

I would go with 17" wheels. Lots of tire choices and more sidewall is better offroad.

I will definitely let the group know with a write-up what I think on each these various components. As for wheels...I am currently waffling between 17's and 18's.

This build has taken a back burner as my 69 yr old mother fell off her steps over the weekend and broke her back...more precisely "burst fractured" her T12. Surgery is scheduled for in the morning and if all goes well I might have some time to work this weekend, but once discharged from the hospital, my mom will be living with us for the next undetermined time period....consequently I don't know how much time I will have to spend working on the Raptor.

I know the bed was delivered, but I have not been over to look at it yet. I'll post some pics as soon as I am able to get some....hopefully later this weekend.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Mom, that is terrible news. Hope she makes a speedy recovery!

OP
OP
A

AL-Jazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Mom, that is terrible news. Hope she makes a speedy recovery!

Sorry to hear about your mom.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys. She had kyphoplasty surgery today which if successful (and it appears to have been) should allow her to be discharged by weekend. I asked the Dr if I could get a capture of the MRI and he said I could tomorrow. I will post it once I get it.

As far as the Raptor, I am planning on heading over to the shop on Sat morning and should have pics and a full update! :biggrin:

OP
OP
A

AL-Jazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fender, bumpers, and flares were all painted today, so assembly begins tomorrow!

OP
OP
A

AL-Jazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you interested in the MRI images of my mom's back, see below. The T12 vertebra suffered a burst fracture.

Attachments

• IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 35