From 18 to 20 Raptor 801a impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is about the most worthless "tech" feature put intp cars now a days by people who don't understand tech.

Every single one of us carry a wifi hotspot in our pocket on our phones. No reason at all to pay extra to have your truck become a wifi hotspot.

If someone just has to have wifi on a laptop or ipad, turn it on from your phone. Save $20 a month.

Not really. Many people have said they get better reception over the trucks hotspot in rural areas, likely it’s a better antenna . I also have a company phone and have to consider data. I only use the phone hotspot for my computer when VPNing in to fix something. Don’t assume everyone is an idiot because they see things you don’t.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great, reminds me of deployed desert bitch sessions! Somebody always had an issue with something or a way to solve the worlds problems or more importantly, beat the system.
Yeeha!
Sadly I remember cars when the key stuck in a hole in the dash where the button is now. Interestingly my wifes 16'Cayenne has a "Porsche shaped key fob" that sticks in a dashboard hole and turns but on the "left" side of the wheel, a nod to the original 1932 2 seater setup.

Me, I don't really care, button or key as long as it turns over, and starts.
As far as onboard wifi goes, take your grandkids on an 11 hour road trip and tell me it's not worth it...
:)

Last edited:

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the trucks wifi work? I stream music through my phone, but half of my commute is through no cell reception areas...

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have it in "The Beast" but Porsche has a cool deal with AT&T's Porschelink for $2 a month. The Grandkids stream with their "switches" going thru the W. TX boonies and CO mountains with very few complaints of poor service.

Every time they visit it pays for itself in quiet...:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same goes for Navigation, eh? Better nav system, for free, in your pocket.

and why bother w/ remote start while you’re at it- can be done from your smartphone too right?

when you have low service & 2 phones & 2 iPads going during a road Tripp tell me how great it’s is having everything run from a single device vs built in wifi

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm making points that are valid for me. Tell me how you get the hood open for a jump start if your battery runs down. Now tell me how you do it if you're in remote Utah or Nevada with no cell coverage..

LOL..seriously...RTFM.

You still have an old school key for the door locks. Pop the cover off and stick your key in.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How does the trucks wifi work? I stream music through my phone, but half of my commute is through no cell reception areas...

same thing...if you get no cell service.....you truck wont get service either....it is just a cell phone radio stuck in the dash.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL..seriously...RTFM.

You still have an old school key for the door locks. Pop the cover off and stick your key in.

Why? I don’t have a fob. Yes, I have a key. As to reading, apparently you can’t even read a short thread or you would already know that. You think I’m a ******* for disliking tech and I think you’re a ******* for paying out the nose for something that costs pennies and adds little value. We’re probably both right.