From 18 to 20 Raptor 801a impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same goes for Navigation, eh? Better nav system, for free, in your pocket.

yep. I will be honest. i was very anti apple car play when it first dropped back in 2014ish. Sync 3 with nav was an innovation, but apple caught p and just passed them by.

The nav in my truck never gets used and i always use car play and waze.

The problem is ford and other car manufacturers have too much money invested in tehir nav and wifi tech that they cant just stop putting it in cars. there are plenty of ways to continue to milk that investment for pay off.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t understand how one can hate push button start.

It's a symbol of the tech for tech's sake, solutions in search of problems, how can we make this thing so complex that it becomes unreliable, aren't we just too cool, let's charge them out the ass for something a phone does better for free attitude that seems to permeate the auto industry. It used to be that trucks were mostly lagging in tech, and that was a wonderful thing. So, PBS? Not worthy of hate. As a symbol of what's getting shoved down our throats? Totally hate-worthy. :)

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a symbol of the tech for tech's sake, solutions in search of problems, how can we make this thing so complex that it becomes unreliable, aren't we just too cool, let's charge them out the ass for something a phone does better for free attitude that seems to permeate the auto industry. It used to be that trucks were mostly lagging in tech, and that was a wonderful thing. So, PBS? Not worthy of hate. As a symbol of what's getting shoved down our throats? Totally hate-worthy. :)

it is to the key start what the key start is to crank start. Progress. Nav is simply a lumped option like an unwanted cable channel plan

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it is to the key start what the key start is to crank start. Progress. Nav is simply a lumped option like an unwanted cable channel plan

Not exactly. Crank start took a lot of effort and if you weren't careful a backfire could break your arm. Turning a key is little effort(for me) and I'm at very low risk of having my arm broken if something goes wrong. Nav is a $700 option or is bundled with the bend-over package. I didn't get either one.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The nice thing about the factory Navigation is that it provides a reliable backup to cell phone nav apps, as it operates off of satellites instead of cellular data. There are still plenty of areas in this country where there is little to no cell service for hundreds of miles, especially out West. When I was traveling through Utah I had to rely more on my handheld GPS unit than my cell nav.

As far as Push button start, it’s just as reliable as key start. Maybe more so, in the fact that there is no key tumbler or key blade to wear out. The backup PATS transceiver works exactly the same as the PATS transceiver in the steering column for key start.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After reading some of the posts from you ****'s I guess I'll have to read the manual some more. I have no idea how the hot spot would work (or that it had one) and the only thing I've used my phone for in the truck so far was to link it to make phone calls. I like the button start.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are arguing for arguing sake. Button is easier than key. Key is easier than crank. That was my point. Tell me something ****** about the button?

I'm making points that are valid for me. Tell me how you get the hood open for a jump start if your battery runs down. Now tell me how you do it if you're in remote Utah or Nevada with no cell coverage. Everyone I know who goes far afield has needed a jump at some point. It's easy to drain the battery when you're camping.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the local shopping center with my wife. In her car. I drove. I dropped her at the grocery and headed toward the other end of the center for kitty litter at the pet store. The car starts beeping at me in alarm because the fob was in my wife's purse. I had a choice between parking by the pet store and making my wife walk an extra quarter mile and turning around, parking by the grocery, walking to the pet store, and carrying a 40lb bag of cat litter back. I opted for the workout because if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Had the car an ignition key, there would have been no problem. And no, I'm not about to carry a fob for my wife's car around with me. I've got enough crap in my pockets as it is and I only drive it a couple times per month.

Get out of your truck with it running sometime. It gets all excited, doesn't it? So turn off the double honk. Now it's really easy to walk away without shutting it down. A friend of mine left his Toyota running all day once when I rode with him. Ooops.

So that's three. Your turn. Tell me something good about the button other than not having to stick your hand into your pocket a little more often.