Freshen Up Powder Coat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The semi gloss powder on my aftermarket bumpers have started to fade a little over the years. Is there anything out there that can shine them up a little? Or is time to remove and recoat?

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe try degreaser and then some sort of spray sealant or protectant like Beadmaker or any of the ceramic sprays to bring back some gloss. I’d guess the faded look is actually surface oxidation. If the actual powder coat has deteriorated, you might be better off having the part media blasted and recoated. Could also be that the coating is thinner in certain areas. For that, I’ve just touched up with spray paint and it seemed to match fine as long as you use the appropriate flat, semi, or gloss paint.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could try a standard automotive polish, something like Meguires ultimate compound probably work pretty good, its friable so it starts out coarse and brakes down to give a descent final finish in one step.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a paint scrub or cleaner, Maguire's makes a good one, then coat with a carnauba wax (the ARB bumper on my Jeep even stated to do this twice a year to keep the semi-gloss powder coat looking best and protected).