Freedom in Motion SYNC Lockpick / Front Camera / "Poorman" Washer install and review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dammit! I bought the old lockpick, and NOW they come out with all the solutions to my problems...you just cost me 850 bucks buddy! :nutkick:

OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dammit! I bought the old lockpick, and NOW they come out with all the solutions to my problems...you just cost me 850 bucks buddy! :nutkick:

I would give them a call. You might be able to simply update the unit you have. There is a mini USB cable for updates. It is worth the phone call. Let us know what you find out.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I bought the package with the front and rear camera because my rear camera is going out anyway and not ideal. I plan to take my existing front camera and keep it for a nanny cam.

If someone wants the old unit just for the nav and in motion overrides, I'll sell it for a few bucks when I swap them out.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would you like pics of?

I got the full raptor kit from their site- rear camera, front stock looking camera and the lockpick. It took almost 7 hours to rerun the entire setup tho. It looks EXACTLY like the stock cameras on the 2012 and 2013 raptors, but works when you want the cameras on, which is cool. If you have an older lockpick, be warned, every single harness, and wire and the lockpick box are completely different, so it was no swap out by any stretch.

If you are just looking to add the lockpick setup for dvd in motion and GPS nav in motion, I will sell off my old box to best offer....will post in for sale section.

midipuppies

Reaction score
I have the same lockpick in my 2012 with Sony nav system and all it's features work except the factory front cam. Can't see any way to configure it either. Am I missing something?
Btw, I spread the install out over a six pack. Maybe that's the problem.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to have the factory front camera come on under 5 MPH. That alone would be worth it to me. Make parking in my garage so much easier :smile:

OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a quick update: I finally got around to installing the check valve I bought months ago (ebay). Now the washer jet works great, it starts when I press the button for the windshield washers, and stops as soon as I release it. No more dirty camera. Also, no more fluid draining out after releasing the button.

My advise would be to buy a check valve with a flow direction arrow. I bought the cheapest one I could find, it didn't have the arrow, but i got lucky and installed it correctly the first time. The pics show it upright but I actually had to lay it down so that the washer hose didn't get crushed with the hood closed.

Attachments

• DSC_4853.jpg
    DSC_4853.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_4852.jpg
    DSC_4852.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 160
OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to have the factory front camera come on under 5 MPH. That alone would be worth it to me. Make parking in my garage so much easier :smile:

Back in, or get the NavTv bypass unit from Noah at The Car Stereo Company. The last time I checked, the LockPick did not work with the 2012 factory front camera. ymmv

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

I have the same lockpick in my 2012 with Sony nav system and all it's features work except the factory front cam. Can't see any way to configure it either. Am I missing something?
Btw, I spread the install out over a six pack. Maybe that's the problem.

Sorry, the LockPick will not force the factory front camera.

Last edited: