GEN 2 Frame Tube Hole Plug...quick, cheap and satisfying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those driving in muddy, snowy, slushy environs, here’s a cheap little item to plug those gunk-collecting frame holes in your rear wheel wells. Also gives a cleaner look if you care.

Also, would respectfully suggest this would be a good idea Prior to installation of the wheel well liners. You’ll never be able to spray this gunk out of the frame once the liner is placed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T9Q8681/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

A little hint at installation:
1) Thoroughly clean then IPA (isopropyl alcohol) the surface where the plug will touch
2) Put some glue (I used Pliobond for the flexibility) on the plug portion which will be touching the frame prior to install.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Troutrad

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isopropyl Alcohol. For car paint is usually a last step prior to ceramic coating (after clay bar). It’s diluted down. I’m lazy so I bought Eraser by CarPro. For this though, I’d just get some rubbing alcohol to wipe down the clean surface then let it dry for a couple minutes. Just to make sure you get good adherence if you use the glue method I described.