Frame swap please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Kevinz3451

Reaction score
Have you talked to a frame shop about this? Its very likely that it will be more economical for you to take it in and have it straightened/patched than doing an entire frame swap yourself. Unless the frame is really pretzeled. Got pics?

20200925_092718.jpg

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s probably far cheaper just to pay someone who does fabrication work to cut out the messed up sections of frame and re-plate it. The guy that does the custom work on my truck charges like $70 an hour to do side work. That’s way cheaper than buying an entirely new frame and swapping stuff over.

OP
OP
K

Kevinz3451

Reaction score
It’s probably far cheaper just to pay someone who does fabrication work to cut out the messed up sections of frame and re-plate it. The guy that does the custom work on my truck charges like $70 an hour to do side work. That’s way cheaper than buying an entirely new frame and swapping stuff over.

Where are you located and do you think he can fix the damage on my truck

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you taken it to a good shop and put it on a frame rack to see if it can get pulled and plated? That looks repairable to me.
Also, Ford sells replacement frame sections for these truck. You basically have to remove everything attached to the front of the truck to do it, so the labor cost would likely be the limiting factor.
Are you trying to do this yourself?