Frame Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bman32

Reaction score
I need to replace the front end of the frame on my 2014 SVT Raptor.

Is this frame the same as an F150 crew cab frame?

102492-fcfb4f7a42a5c04da7a22e848f6d1b66.jpg 102491-0a1dcae2a38b24385dae3fe65ed0d7cf.jpg

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you seen something guys on the line haven’t??

Frames all come in on a rail car.
Ain’t ever seen a difference other than length.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need one of those stickers!

I have a crappy aftermarket windshield in mine the previous owner installed- I want to put the OE Ford glass back in along with the original built with Rouge pride sticker if I can get one.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you seen something guys on the line haven’t??

Frames all come in on a rail car.
Ain’t ever seen a difference other than length.
I can't speak for the Gen1 frames, but there were numerous videos/articles on the Gen2 being reinforced in key areas.

Chinmasterflex

Reaction score
I need one of those stickers!

I have a crappy aftermarket windshield in mine the previous owner installed- I want to put the OE Ford glass back in along with the original built with Rouge pride sticker if I can get one.
You can call Ford customer service and they'll send you one after they verify the vin

OP
OP
B

Bman32

Reaction score
I'm not talking about the actual cab itself, I'm talking the frame the truck sits on (sorry, newbie here).

From the research I've dont, the frame is split into two pieces, front and back piece. I've heard that the frames are different than f150 frames but I have also read that only the BACK part of the frame is different.

I found a front frame for a steal on craigslist from an 09 5.4 f150 and will be trying the swap whenever I get time.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the actual cab itself, I'm talking the frame the truck sits on (sorry, newbie here).

From the research I've dont, the frame is split into two pieces, front and back piece. I've heard that the frames are different than f150 frames but I have also read that only the BACK part of the frame is different.

I found a front frame for a steal on craigslist from an 09 5.4 f150 and will be trying the swap whenever I get time.

Pretty sure they are the same, visibly I can't see any difference between my '13 and my work truck ('14 F150 STX 5.0L, even the crossmember looks the same even though the STX has EPAS, the upper shock buckets look identical even though the Raptor has Fox shox, a-arm mounts in the same place but different a-arms of course, same wiring harness routing along the frame, etc.)...

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am almost positive that its been disproved that the f150 and raptor frame were different on gen 1s