"Frame off" Restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nick0331

nick0331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you go ahead and drop a boulder infront of my truck too? lol damn i have to say you are making out well in this deal. not to mention the truck is gonna be awesome with mid trvael and a 6.6...

might i recommend you add a cage to this truck...based on its track record lol
So it was caged. But it was more of a made for TV cage / insurance purposes. I ended up cutting it out. Was not full 360 welded in various spots, not tucked up to the headliner well, etc. would have done more harm then good so yes a cage is the next major mod.

Last edited:

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth I know of a Raptor out here that is on it's 3rd frame (OEM and 2 replacements). So, yeah, insurance replaces frames on Raptors.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang that's nuts! I just recently got stuck in a rock garden (exploring new trails) and managed to get it out but not without bending up the exhaust like twizzlers. Got a pretty good ding but nothing like what you got here. To be honest I'm surprised the damage isnt a lot worse in your case, especially going at speed at 65 mph. These trucks are tough. Ford tough.

OP
OP
nick0331

nick0331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Progress

Forged Offroad's attention to detail doesn't go unnoticed. Even heat shrinked the band clamps on the rezis. BBEFAB20-55A8-4011-9127-E8C79BD9202C.jpeg
88751A34-23E1-4345-9C84-87478B337946.jpeg

Lots of extra plating at known weak points. In front of body mount where bypass mount is welded to frame, top of coil bucket, inside coil bucket, front and rear alignment tabs.

82AAF5B2-33FB-4E32-91ED-07137DBC2686.jpeg
MUCH needed HOWE PS. I think ive killed 2 or 3 OEMs.32146B6D-33F0-4274-A6E8-5CC6EBD82F61.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
nick0331

nick0331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t fit swing set and keep 4x4, correct?
Not that I’ve ever seen. And most do it with a long travel vs mid travel since your custom fabbing anyway. We’ll see how well the HOWE & SVC tie rods hold up, most have seen almost no issues with that combo and a stock rack.

OP
OP
nick0331

nick0331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally done! A little late on this post. Just been playing with the truck once I got it home.
All new frame cut and plated, all aux / switch pro rewiring front to back, all new SVC front Mid travel, Forged Offroad's front and rear bump stop kit, rear fox 3.0 bypasses rebuilt, Howe PS, rear PRP bench mounted, SS brake lines all around, Krazy house customs rear diff skid, new Advanced fiberglass fenders +2/+2 with liners, upgraded HIDs & ballasts, and so many little things.

Be out with Arizona Raptor Runs soon in Nov to really beat on it.
Front Suspension.jpg

(Lower bolt lose on Bypass because I was adjusting while heat shrinking the clamps on the rezis)

Bypass isntalled.jpgBump.jpgRear susp.jpgRidge.jpg

Last edited: