Frame-Mount Rock Sliders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Stricken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately you can’t really gain ground clearance on the sides of the truck as the doors go all the way down to the lowest point. So trying to keep the rock sliders tucked up close to the cab is all you get. I chose to go with 1” DOM tubing and modified the factory mounts (strengthened).

They’re fully removable, but welding directly to the frame would have provided a stronger mounting base if crawling is what you plan to do. I wanted a different/better look while providing some protection and a step for ease of ingress/egress.

Ideally, I'd be a bit more tucked in than the factory running boards and still provide a decent step, but the priority is to give real protection from grinding a rock as well as provide a jack point. I think DIY is probably the way I'll be going.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hefty fab works has teased that they will be doing some stuff for the Gen2 but they don't advertise Gen1 stuff anymore. Shame since their stuff is great.