Frame-Mount Rock Sliders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stricken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find any current options for real rock sliders. Has anyone used a universal kit or fabbed up their own? Would love to see some photos for inspiration.

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked for awhile. Nothing was out there.
I thought about asking ACE Engineering to make a set. They do only Jeep stuff, but they make really nice stuff. Pinch weld stuff is a joke

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have also been looking.
Smittybilt M-1 Series Sliders brackets look to be frame mounts.
I have not been able to fine a installed picture and they are for a Screw and I have a SCAB.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have also been looking.
Smittybilt M-1 Series Sliders brackets look to be frame mounts.
I have not been able to fine a installed picture and they are for a Screw and I have a SCAB.
SCab above. RPG uses existing mounts and adds a frame mount. You ship them the running board mounts or just buy new ones.

OP
OP
S

Stricken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RPG Offroad these are my Gen 1 I think they make for Gen 2 also View attachment 131157

I’m sure Forged Offroad can do whatever you want also.

Those are nice. Not quite what I was envisioning, but they are at least stronger than purely rocker-mounted. This tie in point at the trans crossmember is already bashed in on my truck, however. Have you crashed them or used them as a jack point?

deadlysilent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately you can’t really gain ground clearance on the sides of the truck as the doors go all the way down to the lowest point. So trying to keep the rock sliders tucked up close to the cab is all you get. I chose to go with 1” DOM tubing and modified the factory mounts (strengthened).

They’re fully removable, but welding directly to the frame would have provided a stronger mounting base if crawling is what you plan to do. I wanted a different/better look while providing some protection and a step for ease of ingress/egress.