FP Rear diff cover and 37” Spare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14BlackRoush

Reaction score
Hey Guys, have been reading all afternoon related posts on the Ford performance rear diff cover install, was about to put mine on today but remembered the spare (37x12.50R17Lt Maxis Razor) I have is pretty snug and did a quick measure of the new diff cover compared to stock cover. New cover is roughly 7.7cm and old one around 7cm, 3.03” as to 2.7” roughly.
Any one had trouble fitting 37” spare after diff cover install?

Will try to track down actual part specifics now to double check but thought I’d throw the question out there while hanging out in the shed tinkering with rig.

Side note: how tough are the spare tyre cable lift set up? Any one buggered the lift mechanism from over stressing it?
I know the old chain style lifters on the fj45’s are touchy, mind you 50year old tech so I will give it it dues

F7CB38FA-0763-4DE9-995B-7832BA12271F.jpeg

8E3182E0-8013-485A-B852-2EE900E8C124.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like you are rubbing already, so I wouldn't put it on if it sticks out further. I've lowered my spare and coated the cable every year with fluid film, no issues with mine in over 10 years so far.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't get why people say a 37" spare fits without issue, clearly it's rubbing on the stock diff cover and the bumper brackets pretty good. You'd have to do a lot of trimming and pulling that 37" tire backwards towards the bumper to get it away from the diff.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have MT's on my 37's and it won't fit under there.

I tested it out while I was doing my brake lines and most definitely not without a lot of cutting involved. I'd rather save that space for my air compressor and 2nd battery when I go to install them. Spare can just ride in the bed if need be.