Fox Shox rebuild started

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sent my fronts out to Fox today for rebuild service. I bought a 2nd set to get rebuilds and not be out of a vehicle. I'll fill you all in on how this goes. I haven't seen much on the site about dealing with Fox. So I figured I'd get some experience. But today step 1 is complete.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Isn’t there a service where a company sends you rebuilt shocks and you just send your current ones over to them? Like an exchange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Remoat

Remoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a couple shops that I know of that do the exchange program. TMX TexasMotorWorx.com does the exchange program and they're a site vendor. I got a deal too good to pass on the second set, so I decided Id send a set to Fox for OEM rebuild. But I'm in no hurry so whatever. Fox has them now.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to do the same, please keep us posted.

I talked to Fox and they will not polish the shafts at all under any circumstances. That in addition to having the Schrader valves makes me think going another route may be a better option. I have heard horror stories though about the non-Fox jobs.

It’s a tough call: go OEM from the source or get some upgrades from a gamble?! Or do you just buy all new 2.5s/get 3.0s?