Fox Shocks Replacement Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RapidRedGEN2DFW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m assuming these were used live valves? Know the approximate mileage? Non-rebuilt?

Yes, used. 15,000 miles on them, not rebuilt. I bought them to have rebuilt so that I may swap them out when my current ones need rebuilding. I sold the Eibachs for a couple hundred bucks as I already had a set and didn't need them. They will be going to TSW Offroad soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChrisMcP05

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, used. 15,000 miles on them, not rebuilt. I bought them to have rebuilt so that I may swap them out when my current ones need rebuilding. I sold the Eibachs for a couple hundred bucks as I already had a set and didn't need them. They will be going to TSW Offroad soon.
Was the set front and rear?

GoDucks

Reaction score
This shock replacement or rebuild process sounds like such a headache. I am sure there are many owners like myself that daily drive our trucks and don't have time, garage or tools to swap out our shocks and wait for a replacement. I think when the time comes, I'll just have to buy a new set then have my old ones rebuilt and keep them

RapidRedGEN2DFW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This shock replacement or rebuild process sounds like such a headache. I am sure there are many owners like myself that daily drive our trucks and don't have time, garage or tools to swap out our shocks and wait for a replacement. I think when the time comes, I'll just have to buy a new set then have my old ones rebuilt and keep them
Just look for a used set to have rebuilt. They pop up every now and then on here and on Facebook groups.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used TSW for rebuilds and did not have very good luck. The rebuilt front passenger shock leaked oil on day 2. Took ~3 months to get a replacement at their cost. Rebuilt passenger rear shock lasted barely 6 months before losing all compression. The truck never left the pavement (street queen and maybe 2,000 miles on the rear) during any of this time. I would not use them again based on craftsmanship. Worst part was I sent my “perfect” looking grade A shocks to them and received grade B - C in return. Their customer service was good.

Since I could not wait for rebuilds again I purchased new Race Seriers (front and rears). Well worth the price.

RapidRedGEN2DFW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used TSW for rebuilds and did not have very good luck. The rebuilt front passenger shock leaked oil on day 2. Took ~3 months to get a replacement at their cost. Rebuilt passenger rear shock lasted barely 6 months before losing all compression. The truck never left the pavement (street queen and maybe 2,000 miles on the rear) during any of this time. I would not use them again based on craftsmanship. Worst part was I sent my “perfect” looking grade A shocks to them and received grade B - C in return. Their customer service was good.

Since I could not wait for rebuilds again I purchased new Race Seriers (front and rears). Well worth the price.
Did you do the exchange program or did you send yours in and then they sent out another set they had? Also were the the 17-18 shocks or the 19-20 Live Valves? If I send in my extra set of Live Valves in for a rebuild I want my same shocks back as they look minty.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you do the exchange program or did you send yours in and then they sent out another set they had? Also were the the 17-18 shocks or the 19-20 Live Valves? If I send in my extra set of Live Valves in for a rebuild I want my same shocks back as they look minty.
I sent mine and they sent me a “similar” grade shock. Mine were non-live valve.

OP
OP
ChrisMcP05

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Refreshing this thread-

When is the appropriate time to replace the Fox shock live valve setup on a vehicle that is 95% pavement queen?

My car is coming up on 50,000 miles (likely next few months), and was told this is when to replace them. Have others found it should be shorter or longer?

Currently I am still hedging towards the 3.0 racing series for a replacement if I’m going to have to do it all anyways.

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a set of brand new fronts/rears 2020 raptor take offs for $800. Fronts still had the coils on them. I then did the RPG live valve delete and added new RPG valves for easy filling.