Fox Live Valve rear shocks on Gen 1??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KTag98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay. So this is mostly out of curiosity.. I know the full swap with the live valves actually working is wayyy too far fetched. However. I have a buddy that just upgraded his ‘19 to Fox’s upgraded shocks, and would sell the stock live valve shocks to me for $350.

my real question is this;

with the live valve system unplugged, do the shocks default to a setting similar to the 17-18 gen 1’s? Do they go full stiffness? Full soft? What happens? If they go to a similar setting to regular fox shocks with the system unplugged, then this would make a decent cheap upgrade for the rear of my 2010 while I’m waiting to figure out what I’m going to run as a full time rear setup on my truck.

mostly a curiosity thing, but not only that. Those orange shocks would look pretty b.a under my black raptor.

She’s mostly a street truck anyways so I may let my curiosity get the better of me and try it out anyways.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Call @RPG . They were the first that I knew of to delete the function on the truck so they might know about what the shocks do when not connected.

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay. So this is mostly out of curiosity.. I know the full swap with the live valves actually working is wayyy too far fetched. However. I have a buddy that just upgraded his ‘19 to Fox’s upgraded shocks, and would sell the stock live valve shocks to me for $350.

my real question is this;

with the live valve system unplugged, do the shocks default to a setting similar to the 17-18 gen 1’s? Do they go full stiffness? Full soft? What happens? If they go to a similar setting to regular fox shocks with the system unplugged, then this would make a decent cheap upgrade for the rear of my 2010 while I’m waiting to figure out what I’m going to run as a full time rear setup on my truck.

mostly a curiosity thing, but not only that. Those orange shocks would look pretty b.a under my black raptor.

She’s mostly a street truck anyways so I may let my curiosity get the better of me and try it out anyways.
Did you ever get an answer to this?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know on these live shocks at all?

Zero % Duty (unplugged) cycle defaults to full stiffness. As the solenoid duty cycle increases, the shocks become more compliant. This is a failsafe, in the event of an electrical or solenoid failure the shocks will protect the truck from off-road impacts.

nate mcmillin

Reaction score
If they go to full stiffness will the still work. I'm putting them on a 2012 raptor and its only on road will it be okay to run them?

D

Deleted member 12951

If they go to full stiffness will the still work. I'm putting them on a 2012 raptor and its only on road will it be okay to run them?
Why would you want to do that? Full stiffness is going to be a terrible experience

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the solenoid functions in regards to controlling the damping? I wonder whether you could install a modified adjustment knob to adjust stiffness manually.