GEN 2 Fox Factory 3.0 Bypass Hose Damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evoke35

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following. Sucks that happen. Report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Resuscitating an old post, but I'm curious if you replaced the hose? Part number and cost if you did... Thanks!

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the same thing with my icon uppers.. down to the steel braided.. I'm sure there is a few more layers before it starts leaking

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope found a new set that was never installed for $2,800. Only issue I found was a minor rub on one of the hoses.
a rub on your hose. who doesnt want one?

if its not bad, there is no point. its steel reinforced hose and the outer part is just a protective layer to keep the steel from being exposed. if you install them, sometimes you have to move the reservoir tube a little towards the rear, which will push the hose closer to the spring and keep it out of the way of the upper control arm.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a rub on your hose. who doesnt want one?

if its not bad, there is no point. its steel reinforced hose and the outer part is just a protective layer to keep the steel from being exposed. if you install them, sometimes you have to move the reservoir tube a little towards the rear, which will push the hose closer to the spring and keep it out of the way of the upper control arm.
Just making sure. I'll be taking it to Mexico next spring and would prefer for it not to fail in the middle of nowhere.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone adjust the preload on these? If you did, did it change the ride much or just the height?