Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 Fox Factory 3.0 Bypass Hose Damage

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by MrGrizzly, Nov 28, 2020.

1. MrGrizzly

MrGrizzly Member

Finally took my raptor out after having SVC install Fox Factory 3.0 Live Valve suspension, UCA's, tie rods, their bump stop kit, and +3 deavers. Messed around in El Mirage and even took it off a few mild jumps. My truck handled just about everything I threw at it and then some. However, after all was said and done I noticed damage on my suspension's front left bypass hose. It seems like a surface level perforation, nothing too deep. However, I am not sure if I should be concerned with this and am curious as to what caused it in the first place. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2592.jpg IMG_2593.jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Badgertits likes this.
  2. MrGrizzly

MrGrizzly Member

I just realized I posted this in the wrong area. Not sure how to delete a post. My bad!

3. bruiser

bruiser Full Access Member

your upper control arm made contact seems like your hose need to be rerouted

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  4. MrGrizzly

MrGrizzly Member

Thanks Bruiser. Does the damage look serious to you?

5. bruiser

it may not look terrible I would definitely have a professional look at it, those hoses are replaceable i believe

MrGrizzly and Richard Hinsley like this.
  6. SVTFordRaptor

SVTFordRaptor FRF Addict

The damage isn’t serious. SVC can rewrap the hose with similar material. The hose material that got damaged is designed to absorb the damage rather than the actual hose itself. So yes, you can replace it or simply wrap and reinforce it with the damaged material left on. If you keep running it like the way it is, then your hose will eventually have problems and likely snap as it will keep making contact. Should be easy fix for SVC. They will likely try and make adjustment to the shock to try and minimize the rubbing that is occurring between the UCA and hose.

*** the damage is not serious as long as the actual hose is not damaged. Looks like just the wrap is damaged, which can be replaced. Either way, I would be calling SVC on Monday.

MrGrizzly and Richard Hinsley like this.
  7. MrGrizzly

MrGrizzly Member

Thanks for the replies. Taking it to SVC per hour recommendations. Overall, I am beyond pleased with the setup.

8. bruiser

when you do see if there is an alternative way to route the hoses, to keep it from happening

9. Rick Luna

Rick Luna Full Access Member

Would you mind posting a pic of your truck? How much lift did you gain in front and rear?

amREADY likes this.
  10. Travis B

Travis B Member

I have the same shocks and am looking at doing UCA's; was SVC able to help you remedy the situation? I have heard that this type of contact can happen and was wondering what can be done to avoid it. thanks.