Fox bump shocks??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you make your choice, consider that as raptor owners, we're always tinkering, upgrading, etc. The adjustability of the SVC frame gives you some flexibility so you arent rebuying bumps if/when you modify your rear suspension again.
I'm just not sold on going all fox 3.0 factory race or king 3.0s. So still ina toss up between the 2, but definitely sounds like I'm going SVC bump mount kit.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I'm just not sold on going all fox 3.0 factory race or king 3.0s. So still ina toss up between the 2, but definitely sounds like I'm going SVC bump mount kit.

the good news is, even if you switched, the can mount portion of the SVC bump frame is modular and replaceable. I.e. you do not have to replace the whole thing if you choose to switch bumps. ( some people switch shocks over time.)

But dont get all caught up in everything "matching".

If my truck was donkey kicking from the bump stops, and i wanted to switch to the IFP fox bumps because they have certain advantages, i wouldnt hesitate to run them with my king shocks. If the color difference bothers you, hit the bumps ( sans the actual shaft) with some black steelit and no one will know what brand they are.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the good news is, even if you switched, the can mount portion of the SVC bump frame is modular and replaceable. I.e. you do not have to replace the whole thing if you choose to switch bumps. ( some people switch shocks over time.)

But dont get all caught up in everything "matching".

If my truck was donkey kicking from the bump stops, and i wanted to switch to the IFP fox bumps because they have certain advantages, i wouldnt hesitate to run them with my king shocks. If the color difference bothers you, hit the bumps ( sans the actual shaft) with some black steelit and no one will know what brand they are.

Best advice so far. Thanks brother!

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the RPG bump frame. I switched to the SVC a while ago because the SVC frame has 3 adjustment positions.

I'm REALLY glad I did. If I had stuck with a fixed frame, my bumps would be WAY too low and I'd be hitting them about 3/4 into my bump travel. with them in the highest position, they are in the perfect spot and function exactly how I want them.

I'm running 4.0s in the rear, so I have a TON of shock and only hit my bumps in the biggest of terrain. IIRC my king 2.5 bumps are charged to 40 or 50 psi.

Any reason you went with kings over Fox for the Bumps? I talked to SVC on Thursday they recommended the 2.5 for my situation but didn’t say which one (can’t remember his name, he was out of the office for the rest of the day and would get back to me on Monday) I’ve been researching the two this weekend. Stock shocks still on mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Any reason you went with kings over Fox for the Bumps? I talked to SVC on Thursday they recommended the 2.5 for my situation but didn’t say which one (can’t remember his name, he was out of the office for the rest of the day and would get back to me on Monday) I’ve been researching the two this weekend. Stock shocks still on mine.

I have a TON of shock on the rear of my truck. I honestly probably dont even need bump cans. ( mine are set to the highest physical position they can be). I wanted to be able to set my bumps really soft, just to cushion.

If you arent going with 4.0s ( especially if you are going 16" instead of 18", the IFP fox bumps might be better for you.

the net of it is, I'd defer to jarrett at svc, as he is one of the folks that I look to for guidance on how/why my suspension gets set up the way it does. How you plan to use your truck may be quite different from how I use mine.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any reason you went with kings over Fox for the Bumps? I talked to SVC on Thursday they recommended the 2.5 for my situation but didn’t say why

I liked what I had been reading about the Fox 2.0 IFP that they working out well in certain condition. SVC recommended them ecause they came in a little softer then the bigger 2.5" bumps, but still would take some hard hits..

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll talk to them about it again on Monday. I figured it was because I occasionally haul a trailer, maybe 3 or 4 trips a year 500 miles round trip.

Thanks @Loufish and @zombiekiller.

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine (Fox IFP purchased as part of the SVC kit) came charged, but one of them is now leaking oil*, probably had them around 6 mos. Going to have to contact Fox on Monday. Biggest drawback is I don't want to be prohibited from offroading for an extended period while I wait on a rebuild.

*I noticed a couple drops of oil on it a couple weeks ago, nothing when I just looked.

Last edited:

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI - I just bought a Motion Pro gauge to ck the N2 charge on my Fox 2.0"s...I thought they were a little too stiff but nobody at SVC knew what they were charged too when I bought my kit from them...Found they were around 135-140 psi. That was too stiff for my use so I bleed them off to about 75 psi.
Just did that today so no desert time, but I did hit the local street dip used for a "tuning" and it was much better...used about 3/4 of bump stop travel...