Fox bump shocks??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Viper01

Viper01

Reaction score
Spoke with SVC today. They said that the bumps should come charged from Fox, but sometimes the schrader valve isn’t tightened down enough. The tech said to service around 50 psi, anything more than that will buck with an empty truck bed. He also explained that the service valve is under the actual bump pad. After checking, sure enough the bump had no pressure.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with SVC today. They said that the bumps should come charged from Fox, but sometimes the schrader valve isn’t tightened down enough. The tech said to service around 50 psi, anything more than that will buck with an empty truck bed. He also explained that the service valve is under the actual bump pad. After checking, sure enough the bump had no pressure.

Glad it was an easy fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Viper01

Viper01

Reaction score
Nothing like spending a bunch of money, waiting two months, then having to take the new parts to get fixed before you can install them. Good times
Lol...exactly!! The company that I purchased them from felt the same way and said that he’s going to just have new ones sent to me ASAP and we’ll deal with returns later. If you read these boards....thanks Jeff!

OP
OP
Viper01

Viper01

Reaction score
Just got mine today and I’m glad they didn’t have this issue. This is what they should look like.

756f0b60625c669edfd02c353d22fc04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes....notice mine didn’t even have the little IFP sticker on them either. Hopefully I’ll receive my new ones soon. It’s only been two months...lol. I’m glad you received yours in working order.

4XXFORE_SOCAL

Reaction score
Just had my bump stop kit installed with same Fox IFP shocks. Came pre-loaded at around 200psi. RPG did the work, without any problems whatsoever!

Good luck on the process... sounds like the initial set was just not charged... hope it gets resolved quickly.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Came pre-loaded at around 200psi.
That sounds like way too much...Bumps run a 1:1 motion ratio vs wheel travel shouldn't need that much N2...My last bumps (Light Racing Jounce Bumps) were 2.375" dia and 3" travel and I had them around 45 psi.