FOX 3.0 with DSC - Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just installed my new 3.0 DSC fronts and was curious what the preferred settings people may have for off road and for street.

I've only had them on a day, and have them set at the factory specs. Once I get used to the way they feel , I will start making changes and taking notes.

Please feel free to share if you have some experience with the DSC.

Thanks

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase, best move I made to mine. When my shocks came in they somehow missed quality control at Fox. I made a call and talked to a service rep named Ryan. Super nice guy and very knowledgeable. While visiting about my issues with the shocks (which BTW were fixed on site) I asked him about the settings. A good starting point is:

Fronts: All the way open
Rears: Red knob - 3 from closed, Blue knobs - 2.25 from closed

This setting was good for me with an empty bed. You may need to stiffen up the rears if you load the bed up. As far as fronts, wide open feels good in all situations. The springs are stiffer than stock and I didn't need to make it worse.

This thread has some other settings if you want to play with them.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/fox-3-0-settings-dsc-qab-adjusters-47490/

D

Deleted member 12951

I have the Fox 3.0 w/DSC in the front and ICON RXT in the rear. Haven't really done any serious off-roading yet except for Snoball. But going to Baja next month with this new setup (had ICON 3.0's in the front).

Speaking with Corey at RPG, open them up completely when street driving, so the softest setting. It was the same with ICON's, ran street on the S setting or 1 or 2.

When off-roading, you most likely will want to stiffen them up some so you do not bottom out. As with ICON's, I will be with Fox in the middle or just one turn stiffer than in the middle. ICON I would run at 5 up to 7 depending on the terrain. I kinda wanted to test my truck at TRR since I have ran that over the last 4 years and know how my truck responds to that track but it was hard to pass up going to Baja again so we will see.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Shock pressure makes a big difference as well. When I first installed my DSC's I was at 180PSI. They felt great on road off-road very soft even when I increase stiffness.

Went to 200PSI and it was night and day... still a great ride however off-road they were not soft at all and felt great on 2' whoops. Going to 220PSI this weekend and I will see how it feels with our Destination Mint 400 next month :)

As for settings, like @RDFTS I keep them fully open on the street. Off-Road I go 7 clicks in on high speed (blue) and leave slow speed open.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Shock pressure makes a big difference as well. When I first installed my DSC's I was at 180PSI. They felt great on road off-road very soft even when I increase stiffness.

Went to 200PSI and it was night and day... still a great ride however off-road they were not soft at all and felt great of 2' whoops. Going to 220PSI this weekend will see how it feels with our Destination Mint 400 next month :)

As for settings, like @RDFTS I keep them fully open on the street. Off-Road I go 7 clicks in on high speed (blue) and leave slow speed open.

When do you ever use the slow speed dial?

OP
OP
Canuck714

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great input guys, appreciate it.
For any TX locals, I have a place to go play here in south Texas. 1500 acre ranch with roads cut all through it. I have a 5-6 minute loop/lap set up that can be made longer for a play day.

Jefftopgun

Reaction score
When do you ever use the slow speed dial?

Slow speed is outlined in spec sheet.
The LSC (low speed compression) adjuster primarily affects the compression damping
during slow suspension movements such as g-outs or smooth jump landings. It also affects
wheel traction and the harshness or plushness of the vehicle (note that low-speed has nothing
to do with the speed of the vehicle!). Choose a LSC setting that gives good body control (roll in
corners, dive under braking, squat under acceleration, etc) without causing excessive
harshness or loss of traction.

There are some neat charts with it. Basically showing lsc adjustment changing dampening force up to around 20inches a second.

High speed doesn't pick up until that 20ips mark.
Think low speed as transitions. Left to right, up to down, big sweeping corners. Body roll, nose dive ect. Too much body roll is just as bad as being too stiff, tires loose their camber curve, and off camber turns can get dangerous if you allow the outside wheel to bite too hard. Think of the low speed as kind of a sway bar, give it a couple clicks and see how you like it.

Dozer466

Reaction score
Do you guys have 3.0’s in the rear? If so, what settings are you running on them? I’m also in TX so I’m assuming similar terrain. I’m running the same settings as Canuck in the front and it seems pretty good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro