FOX 3.0 vs. King 3.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lvaldezr

Reaction score
I know King shocks are better than stock fox shocks, but I found fox 3.0. I don't know how long they've been out. So which shocks do you guys think would be better for off road and on road use?

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like b-stone said, you can't go wrong with either... Or Icon too for that matter. All reputable companies with very positive reviews on this site. Personally I have Fox 3-ohs and like them a lot thus far.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on following all discussions/reviews of each it appears that:

Icon > King > Fox

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the kings are a nice shock i have not been able to test them out yet. But also look into customer service and feedback from other people you have to think about that because you will have to service them down the road. I am finding out how king is for customer service shortly here on my end. We will see how they treat me.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on following all discussions/reviews of each it appears that:

Icon > King > Fox

In my opinion most of the people "ranking" the companies haven't actually run all 3 brands of 3.0 on a Raptor. So they don't have a true basis of comparison that is based on comparative driving experience with each product, instead they're just calling the brand they chose the best. Most vendors only carry 1 or maybe 2 of the brands, so obviously they are talking up what they sell because its in their best business interest.

I'm not trying to knock you Big Blue, but your post makes it sound like there is researched data on this site that leads to that conclusion and I don't really think that's the case. It's more like "this is the brand I chose, and I like them, so I think they're the best" types of posts from what I've seen.

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm just curious, what are the differences between the factory Fox shocks and 3.0's? What changes, is there more wheel travel? Thanks.

Dave

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it is the size of the shock itself they are 3 inch diameter for the housing witch allows more oil in there to stay cooler for longer runs and the ability to soak up more rough stuff.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion most of the people "ranking" the companies haven't actually run all 3 brands of 3.0 on a Raptor. So they don't have a true basis of comparison that is based on comparative driving experience with each product, instead they're just calling the brand they chose the best. Most vendors only carry 1 or maybe 2 of the brands, so obviously they are talking up what they sell because its in their best business interest.

I'm not trying to knock you Big Blue, but your post makes it sound like there is researched data on this site that leads to that conclusion and I don't really think that's the case. It's more like "this is the brand I chose, and I like them, so I think they're the best" types of posts from what I've seen.

Your are correct and no offense taken.

I have 0 first hand experience with any of them...But have been doing a lot of research on owners that do as I plan on this upgrade shortly.