FOX 3.0 Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, also missed that this was a Gen2 thread. Thanks Rick. Sorry folks nothing to see here! :doh2:

Aesconde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I wouldn’t run the fronts on the softest setting when off-roading if I am understanding your doc correct. Seems On-Road and Off-road for the front is reversed?

I run the fronts daily on the softest setting and when I off-road, I stiffen them up so its not bouncy and bottoming out. Last year at TRR, I forgot to adjust my fronts and ran the first lap on the softest setting and trashed my lower control mounts and driver side LCA. I realized that I forgot when I kept feeling the bottoming. Adjusted the shocks stiffer and ran the weekend fine.

No idea on the rears, running ICONs there.

RDFTS - How do you like the Fox/Icon combo? I currently have the Fox 3.0s up front, but haven’t decided what to do about the rear. I’ve been eyeing the icons but wasn’t sure how mixing shocks from different brands would work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erik

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the settings, one of the main reasons I came to this forum was for those 3.0 shock settings. Unfortunatly I have one shock that sounds like I'm hitting a tin roof with a balpeen hammer everytime I hit even a pot hole at high speed and no adjustment in the world seems to help. Never the less thanks for the information!!

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the truck ride with 3.0’s up front and stock shocks in the back?
I like the way they ride with stock parts in rear, but a buddy of mine took his brand new 3.0 off after just ten days on the truck. That being said I think you could get them for a good price if looking.

dmdhndz

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the settings, one of the main reasons I came to this forum was for those 3.0 shock settings. Unfortunatly I have one shock that sounds like I'm hitting a tin roof with a balpeen hammer everytime I hit even a pot hole at high speed and no adjustment in the world seems to help. Never the less thanks for the information!!
I’m having the same issue. Did you ever figure this out with your truck?

SigmaPrism

Reaction score
the 3.0's are noisy as they have a lot more valves in them moving and working so when you hit big bumps you will here them clicking and making noise.

on road mine are soft off-road I stiffen them up, truck tends to sit level if jumping or skimming across the tops of things.

Road:
front low speed: 5/12 clicks
front high speed: 5/12 click

rear long compression: 12/29 clicks
rear short compression: 12/29 clicks
rear rebound 8/29 clicks

off-road:
front low speed: 7-8/12 clicks
front high speed: 8-9/12 clicks

rear long compression: 18-19/29 clicks
rear short compression: 16-17/29 clicks
rear rebound: 11/29 clicks

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the way they ride with stock parts in rear, but a buddy of mine took his brand new 3.0 off after just ten days on the truck. That being said I think you could get them for a good price if looking.
What was his reasoning? I'm considering pulling the trigger on just the fronts to get rid of some of the floaty feeling.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was his reasoning? I'm considering pulling the trigger on just the fronts to get rid of some of the floaty feeling.
You'll be happy with the results. I'm running 3.0's in the front with stocks in the back. The rear 3.0's are on backorder and I didn't get them in time for Baja. With the front 3.0 installed, no more brake dive and cornering is much better. You can also stiffen up the ride to your likening. I would caution running rear stock shocks with no bump stops though. I think the front 3.0's allow you to drive faster but without the bump stops, you'll be putting a lot of stress on the rear. I say this while assuming you will off road the truck. If you're more of a Starbucks drive thru type of person, there should be no worries. Also worth noting -- if you don't get after market leaf springs you'll be sitting nose high. I have +3 SD Deavers and with a sixth spare and stuff in the bed, I'm pretty much level

grleon65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll be happy with the results. I'm running 3.0's in the front with stocks in the back. The rear 3.0's are on backorder and I didn't get them in time for Baja. With the front 3.0 installed, no more brake dive and cornering is much better. You can also stiffen up the ride to your likening. I would caution running rear stock shocks with no bump stops though. I think the front 3.0's allow you to drive faster but without the bump stops, you'll be putting a lot of stress on the rear. I say this while assuming you will off road the truck. If you're more of a Starbucks drive thru type of person, there should be no worries. Also worth noting -- if you don't get after market leaf springs you'll be sitting nose high. I have +3 SD Deavers and with a sixth spare and stuff in the bed, I'm pretty much level
Interesting...Thank you 2 for reviving this thread. I hadn't thought of just doing the front 3.0 and leaving the rear as is. I originally did +3 deavers in the rear and a +1 khc drop shackle to keep me "stockish" height before I went full 3.0. I'm picking and choosing the mods as I go and not trying to burn $$$.

Btw, I'm still stock on front and running with the DSC module. Really helps with the nose dive all around.

G