GEN 2 Fox 3.0 ride height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

galan.kelley

Reaction score
What is the best measurement to set for a level ride on the adjustment? Wife surprised me with the shocks to go with my new RPG upper control arms. Hopefully going to get everything installed this evening. They are suppose to come set for a level ride from the factory, but I just wanted to see what others have set theirs at. IMG_0180.jpgIMG_0041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I did about 5-6 turns out on the arms and maxed out the lca for caster. Us the upper arms to adjust camber. My shocks are still in the box too-have eibach coils and the svc cas. I was able to get about +5.5 caster helped steering and tire clearance.

Last edited:
R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Wow, nice gift from the wife!
If she got the shocks from RPG and had Corey adjust them, then they should be ready to go. If not, the directions from Fox will show to measure before install then adjust afterwards. Not sure on the GEN2 shocks but on the GEN1 sometimes the pinch collar bolt would be on the back side and difficult to get to once installed. Make sure they are both accessible from the front and you should be good. I got a craftsman spring compressor and it worked well to adjust while on the truck.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are the arms I'm looking at, but in aluminum finish. Rpg said no issue getting them with no color. Is your truck lighting blue? Mine is, and if I had to get a color it would be the blue. Just not sure if it would be to much blue underneath. Please post pics when your done.

OP
OP
G

galan.kelley

Reaction score
I think I did about 5-6 turns out on the arms and maxed out the lca for caster. Us the upper arms to adjust camber. My shocks are still in the box too-have eibach coils and the svc cas. I was able to get about +5.5 caster helped steering and tire clearance.

Nice! I’ve heard of people doin that. About how far out past the fenders does it push your tires?

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Wow, nice gift from the wife!
If she got the shocks from RPG and had Corey adjust them, then they should be ready to go. If not, the directions from Fox will show to measure before install then adjust afterwards. Not sure on the GEN2 shocks but on the GEN1 sometimes the pinch collar bolt would be on the back side and difficult to get to once installed. Make sure they are both accessible from the front and you should be good. I got a craftsman spring compressor and it worked well to adjust while on the truck.

No sir. I bought the UCA’s and a pair of takeoffs with their adjustable perch collars that are still in the box. Lol. And my wife showed up with these. I’m pretty sure she got them through Dirt King if I’m not mistaken. I’ll check the instruction manual out though. Thanks for the info.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Those are the arms I'm looking at, but in aluminum finish. Rpg said no issue getting them with no color. Is your truck lighting blue? Mine is, and if I had to get a color it would be the blue. Just not sure if it would be to much blue underneath. Please post pics when your done.

Yes sir, mine is the lightening Blue too. I’ll post some pics once it’s all finished up.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really any further to speak of since you have to correct for lift. I have a digital caster/camber tool that really helped setting it up before alignment shop...which btw my at home and was perfect just toe in was off. Longacre Digital Caster Camber Gauge 78290 depends on your wheel setup mine magnetic to hub without wheel center cap.

I used the alignment cams to help getting it set up, but really just maxed out lowers and then keep adjusting the upper heim joints to bring out to specs. Make sure to install upper bolts in correct direction so you can take uppers on and off to adj Heims without taking off shocks.

When are you planning on installing? What rear set up are you running? I’m running close to 3” lift in front.

OP
OP
G

galan.kelley

Reaction score
Not really any further to speak of since you have to correct for lift. I have a digital caster/camber tool that really helped setting it up before alignment shop...which btw my at home and was perfect just toe in was off. ]Longacre Digital Caster Camber Gauge 78290 depends on your wheel setup mine magnetic to hub without wheel center cap.

I used the alignment cams to help getting it set up, but really just maxed out lowers and then keep adjusting the upper heim joints to bring out to specs. Make sure to install upper bolts in correct direction so you can take uppers on and off to adj Heims without taking off shocks.

When are you planning on installing? What rear set up are you running? I’m running close to 3” lift in front.

Man, that’s a great tool, I didn’t even know those were available.

Just got done with the install, honesty wasn’t too bad. Took all of 3 hours from getting the tools out to completion. I didn’t even think about installing the UCA bolts from the outside of the bucket. This is going to suck! Is there anyway to get them out without taking the shocks off again? Just by looking, I’m probably going to need to come out a little more to get it back to normal width.

I’m running the rear stock right now. Probably going to order the 3.0’s for the rear here in a month or so.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope have to take shock off, may need to adj arms to get it aligned if you cant with lowers. You 100% should get some +3 deavers for rear before shocks. You have Awesome set up. Congrats

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how I adjusted mine First step is to adjust the preload.
Droop the suspension all the way out, measure the amount of shock shaft showing. Now adjust the preload ring until you've got half that measurement of shock shaft showing at ride height.
That's all there is to preload.

OP
OP
G

galan.kelley

Reaction score
IMG_0291.jpgIMG_0294.jpgIMG_0292.jpgIMG_0295.jpg

Here’s how it all turned out. I gotta say, I’m really liking the blue on blue. I didn’t adjust the preload any, just left it how they came from Fox. Sits perfectly level. Haven’t had a chance to drive it yet, will post an update once I get it aligned and off the beaten path.

Thanks everyone for the advise, much appreciated!