FOX 3.0 question, 500lb/in springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
skidmarcx

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One bonus to literally doing one part at a time is that you’ll be able to see/feel what difference each change makes
This is a good point and it is nice to compare, I know this list of mods is nothing new to seasoned owners, was hoping that someone has tried a softer spring and could provide some feedback

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange. On my factory 3.0 I had 1 to 2 ratio, meaning 3/8 of threads was 3/4 of lift. That said I installed with Deaver 3s.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have unbalanced the suspension. By only raising the front you have a greater load on the rear. When u get the new leafs, it will be much better.

OP
OP
skidmarcx

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange. On my factory 3.0 I had 1 to 2 ratio, meaning 3/8 of threads was 3/4 of lift. That said I installed with Deaver 3s.
That’s what I understand as well, I could technically lower the coil overs 1/2” according to the exposed threads
You have unbalanced the suspension. By only raising the front you have a greater load on the rear. When u get the new leafs, it will be much better.
Yes this is what I’m talking about, I didn’t realize that I had to purchase rear leafs to level the truck front to rear, maybe my rear leafs are worn I’m not sure

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Running 3.0s LV with Deaver 3+HDs and the ride is excellent and has performed very well during my first track day down at Rally Ready a month ago. Had a spare/two recover boards and chase rack in the back and the stock spare underneath. Had some rebound on one particular jump but never bottomed out. There is a compression manual switch on the LVs that I have not changed. Also debating on e-click to assist with LV performance. Bottom line I think the progressive nature of the Deavers really adds a lot to the performance and handling.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First of all, if the front feels to rough/hard then adjust the settings to be softer... Second, your biggest issue isnt the stock rear shocks, it's the stock rear leafs. They are trash, literally the worst part of the gen 2 suspension. Get some deavers in your height preference and you will notice the biggest improvement in the ride that you will ever get.

OP
OP
skidmarcx

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, if the front feels to rough/hard then adjust the settings to be softer... Second, your biggest issue isnt the stock rear shocks, it's the stock rear leafs. They are trash, literally the worst part of the gen 2 suspension. Get some deavers in your height preference and you will notice the biggest improvement in the ride that you will ever get.
Seeing that this is a popular subject with the Deavers it sounds like I just need to bite the bullet (wife will kill me) Thanks!

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
J
Seeing that this is a popular subject with the Deavers it sounds like I just need to bite the bullet (wife will kill me) Than
Seeing that this is a popular subject with the Deavers it sounds like I just need to bite the bullet (wife will kill me) Thanks!
Just tell her that it is a MAJOR SAFETY concern, and that you have no choice but to install them lol