FOX 3.0 question, 500lb/in springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even the team out at the Raptor Assualt Course recommends replacing springs with Deavers as the first suspension upgrade.
I don't doubt that. I heard somewhere that ford was going to use deavers as the OEM spring but it brought costs up too high.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have 3.0 in the live valve version. rule of thumb is 10-11 threads for optimal ride height and preserving 4wd. how many threads are on yours? also you can change dampening to soften them up. looks like they need to be tuned.

OP
OP
skidmarcx

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 3.0 in the live valve version. rule of thumb is 10-11 threads for optimal ride height and preserving 4wd. how many threads are on yours? also you can change dampening to soften them up. looks like they need to be tuned.
05742AC0-D8B7-4871-B1EE-871877029305.jpegDAA16441-E672-42BE-9858-E93EB5F57939.jpeg5DE66AB9-1CFB-4EED-82DC-EB382B63D00B.jpeg
Here are some photos, first one is driver side then passenger side, you can see there aren’t may threads showing, my driveway is sloped but nothing crazy and you can see just how high the front sits, I only have a bed cover and some recovery gear in the bed with spare in factory location, my compression settings right now are (3 clicks on high speed, 2 clicks on low speed)

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you talk about clicks are you starting from full stiff or full soft? The pic looks more like your rear end has sagged a bit. Deaver +3 will fix you up.

FYI I have my high speed set much softer than the low speed. High speed is for over jittery bumps - low speed for move wavy bigger bumps.

OP
OP
skidmarcx

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you talk about clicks are you starting from full stiff or full soft? The pic looks more like your rear end has sagged a bit. Deaver +3 will fix you up.

FYI I have my high speed set much softer than the low speed. High speed is for over jittery bumps - low speed for move wavy bigger bumps.
Clicks are starting from fully open turning clockwise, per the instructions the low speed dampening doesn’t become effective until high speed dampening is 2-3 clicks in, that’s how I have it for street driving and mind you I don’t have my front stabilizer bar connected I forgot to mention that, I feel that the body roll is not excessive, off-road I tried an additional 4 clicks on each, but I haven’t had much chance to experiment in the dirt, and yes it sounds like the consensus is that I’ll need new leafs for sure.