FOX 3.0 question, 500lb/in springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I just recently placed an order for my full set of the 3.0s for my 17' through Neo Garage (amazing deal btw)... naturally the rears are still on back order, but I did receive the front coil overs and installed them on Saturday, first thing I noticed is how high the truck is in front (at least 2" over stock) which through reading sounds somewhat right (although I saw some say 1/2" over stock), I'm showing maybe 1/4" of thread on passenger side and 1/2" on driver side which leveled the truck side to side, my truck only has 36k miles on it so I have to imagine the rear springs are still good? I took it out on some choppy dirt north of Lake Pleasant here in PHX and I feel like the suspension travel sucks now as this thing is like a "bro'd out truck" and all the weight is on the back springs, maybe I need to let things settle? Or has anyone switched out the coils to a softer spring? Eibach makes a 500lb/in spring that should work from what I'm reading, I'm looking for someone to tell me this is what it is and I need to give it more time or are there options? Mind you I don't have much experience with this truck as I've only had it for 9 months and it sees 90% street but I still like to drive it hard off road.

Thanks for any feedback.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I just recently placed an order for my full set of the 3.0s for my 17' through Neo Garage (amazing deal btw)... naturally the rears are still on back order, but I did receive the front coil overs and installed them on Saturday, first thing I noticed is how high the truck is in front (at least 2" over stock) which through reading sounds somewhat right (although I saw some say 1/2" over stock), I'm showing maybe 1/4" of thread on passenger side and 1/2" on driver side which leveled the truck side to side, my truck only has 36k miles on it so I have to imagine the rear springs are still good? I took it out on some choppy dirt north of Lake Pleasant here in PHX and I feel like the suspension travel sucks now as this thing is like a "bro'd out truck" and all the weight is on the back springs, maybe I need to let things settle? Or has anyone switched out the coils to a softer spring? Eibach makes a 500lb/in spring that should work from what I'm reading, I'm looking for someone to tell me this is what it is and I need to give it more time or are there options? Mind you I don't have much experience with this truck as I've only had it for 9 months and it sees 90% street but I still like to drive it hard off road.

Thanks for any feedback.
Unfortunately I do not have any input/experience with 3.0’s. The ones that do will chime in. BUT I do think you need to wait until you receive your rears and install them before you form any opinions on the ride/performance. Obviously you’re running front shocks that were NOT meant to be used with rear stockers

OP
OP
skidmarcx

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not have any input/experience with 3.0’s. The ones that do will chime in. BUT I do think you need to wait until you receive your rears and install them before you form any opinions on the ride/performance. Obviously you’re running front shocks that were NOT meant to be used with rear stockers
Yes I definitely agree I can't judge the ride quality until the rears are on, but I don't see that addressing the ride height concern, it seems to me that the stock ride height gives you better center of gravity and use of the total stroke of the shocks.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Did you get the 3.0 with Live Valve or Non Live Valve? My truck feels great with the 3.0's. A little more firm, but very similar to stock. I believe Fox already uses 500lb springs if not 600lb. I called them once to ask, just don't remember. I wouldn't make any changes until they settle and are broken in. Mine originally had 1 inch of preload and I got 2 inch lift. I came back down.

OP
OP
skidmarcx

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the 3.0 with Live Valve or Non Live Valve? My truck feels great with the 3.0's. A little more firm, but very similar to stock. I believe Fox already uses 500lb springs if not 600lb. I called them once to ask, just don't remember. I wouldn't make any changes until they settle and are broken in. Mine originally had 1 inch of preload and I got 2 inch lift. I came back down.
It’s all manual adjustment, not live valve (thought about it but another $2k for the system plus revalving wasn’t in my budget), they come with 550lb/in springs, thanks for the feedback I hope it settles some more

OP
OP
skidmarcx

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 3.0 on the front and stocks in the rear due to lack of supply. I put Deavers +3 on and that helped a lot. The weakest link of the Raptor suspension is the stock leaf springs, in my opinion
The leaf springs are on my list, I think the +3 is what I need as well, thanks for the info