Fox 3.0 on a steal, now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Muchmore

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man you gotta get rid of those OEM rear springs - they are the WORST part of the suspension by far. Deavers FTW.

Totally get it. We just started building a house and I'm going to have a shop with a lift or two. I "hope" I can wait that long but we will see. Shocks needed to be done the rear end was starting to skip around corners on expansion joints.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Totally get it. We just started building a house and I'm going to have a shop with a lift or two. I "hope" I can wait that long but we will see. Shocks needed to be done the rear end was starting to skip around corners on expansion joints.
The rear end skipping/bucking is due to the springs, not the shocks.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, they are on the list!
Good deal! FYI Devers were one of my first mods and I remember it made the truck drive so much better in terms of rear end stability. Helps with axle wrap as well. I also put my 3.0's up front first and ran around on the stock rear shocks for a bit - swapping to the 3.0's in the rear was not very different than the OEM rear shocks, except for the external bypass clicking.

OP
OP
Muchmore

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good deal! FYI Devers were one of my first mods and I remember it made the truck drive so much better in terms of rear end stability. Helps with axle wrap as well. I also put my 3.0's up front first and ran around on the stock rear shocks for a bit - swapping to the 3.0's in the rear was not very different than the OEM rear shocks, except for the external bypass clicking.
I've been listening but haven't heard it yet! I probably should quit trying because you know, once you hear it you can never un-hear it!