GEN 1 FOX 3.0 front install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the tracking number, FOX 3.0 is on the way, should arrive early next week. Preparing myself for install so looking for tips/tricks, especially height pre-set. Thanks!

TurboTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should come pre set to level ride height. Expect them to settle about 1/4 inch after some driving. Not a whole lot to the install. Lot of people loosen the axle nut, but I never do. But do make sure you disconnect the sway bar to get more droop. There are a ton of YouTube videos on it. I like this one

Watch "2010-2014 SVT Raptor Fox Complete 3.0 DSC/QAB Suspension Package Install and Review" on YouTube

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I hope to get the height right in one shot. Seems like adjust height after install is still not a quick job.

They should come pre set to level ride height. Expect them to settle about 1/4 inch after some driving. Not a whole lot to the install. Lot of people loosen the axle nut, but I never do. But do make sure you disconnect the sway bar to get more droop. There are a ton of YouTube videos on it. I like this one

Last edited:

TurboTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can only adjust the height once installed. There is a spanner wrench that you need and its actually way easier to do when the shocks are already mounted. If you are going to adjust them, do it the first time u install them because any significant height change will require another alignment.

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can only adjust the height once installed. There is a spanner wrench that you need and its actually way easier to do when the shocks are already mounted. If you are going to adjust them, do it the first time u install them because any significant height change will require another alignment.

You can definitely adjust the height after installing, and is best done using a spring compressor, off the truck. The body threads don't like being adjusted with spring pressure on them, and you run the risk of damaging the threads. It can be done, but it isn't ideal while on the truck, there's a lot of spring pressure on that adjuster, whether under the vehicle weight or unloaded on jack-stands.

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The foxs are here. Had to pick them up myself from carrier's warehouse. They refused to deliver claiming "the shipment is too heavy to be delievered" :wtf:why would you accept a shipment that is too heavy to be delivered at the first place...

Anyways, to experienced guys, please take a look at the photo, how much height it will set the truck to? Out of box photo, I didn't turn anything. IMG_20200630_115630.jpg

TurboTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who did you buy them from? Most the time they mimic the same amount of lift you get from mod perch.

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it installed today. Buddy lets me use their shop so ajusted pre-load down 9 threads on bench compressor. That raised the truck 2inch. Down to 1.75inch after a short drive. Exactly the height I wanted so very happy with the look. Test drive full open on DSC, feels better than OEM shock with geiser.