FOX 3.0 first on road driving impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MCM34

Reaction score
Yeah those settings I posted above are already different. I did 75-100 miles in the dirt today. Much tighter and rockier trails. Had to soften the back up a bit from the high speed settings.

That’s why I bought these shocks to tune them to the terrain I’m running

So far I like the adjustability. 1 click is noticeable. I just keep notes on my phone on current and past settings so I can go back to previous known good settings if I screw it up.

I’m wishing the front shocks had at least 1 rebound adjuster.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is why I'll be waiting for Fox Live Valve 3.0s. Don't want to have to muck around with them myself. Know a few people who bottomed out hard at events having forgotten to dial their shocks in, or accidentally having gone the wrong way....

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I'll be waiting for Fox Live Valve 3.0s. Don't want to have to muck around with them myself. Know a few people who bottomed out hard at events having forgotten to dial their shocks in, or accidentally having gone the wrong way....
Yes race suspension setup is far from trial and error. You need to know what you are doing.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes race suspension setup is far from trial and error. You need to know what you are doing.

It is literally trial and error. Icon at least gives you recommended settings for on road, towing, whoops, and jumps, then you experiment from there to find what you like.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious....what price did you guys pay for the Fox 3.0's and if you paid to have them installed what was the installation cost?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

royCfus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Have you heard of an aftermarket Live Valve 3.0 shock for the 17-18's coming in the near future? I have only heard of the 2019 and potentially the Ranger...

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just curious....what price did you guys pay for the Fox 3.0's and if you paid to have them installed what was the installation cost?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PM sent.

Have you heard of an aftermarket Live Valve 3.0 shock for the 17-18's coming in the near future? I have only heard of the 2019 and potentially the Ranger...

Not sure about Live Valve for the Ranger. However, Fox Factory Race shocks will be available for the Ranger. Saw them on a Ranger at SEMA in the Ford booth. I believe they’ll be an option for BDS lift kits.

royCfus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM sent.

Not sure about Live Valve for the Ranger. However, Fox Factory Race shocks will be available for the Ranger. Saw them on a Ranger at SEMA in the Ford booth. I believe they’ll be an option for BDS lift kits.

Would be great to see Fox make a Live Valve shock set up for the 17-18 Raptors...