GEN 1 Fox 3.0 clunk .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apollo90

Reaction score
Just got fox 3.0s installed also and experiencing a weird snapping/popping sound intermittently on rough terrain. Mine are installed with a little more preload/ride height than I’d like, but nothing I would say would cause issues.

Did anyone find resolution here?

OP
OP
jessie5150

jessie5150

Reaction score
Well everyone , I found the solution to the clunk. I did everything, To rebuilding the front end to adjusting the rack . I swapped shocks around .kings no clunk , stock 2.5 with geiser springs . No clunk even a blown set of 2.5s with very bad bushings and no clunk . So I narrowed it down the shocks .I sent them into Cody at TSW AZ explained what was happening.he said he has the correct shim stack for the gen 1 fox 3.0s. They valved them to harsh .

Let me tell you when he said it's a night and day difference, off road and on road .it definitely was,Way smoother .no clunk what so ever now . So if your having the clunk . Send them down to Cody at TSW AZ.
Hope this helps everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20230218_13141761.jpg
    IMG_20230218_13141761.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
jessie5150

jessie5150

Reaction score
@TomDirt
Yes happy ending 100% Resolved the issue . I think this is why no one had the fix . No one went to the extent of getting them re valved because the shocks are brand new. You would expect no issues out the box ,just wouldn't cross someone's mind . Definitely didn't cross my mind.since you would think they would come dialed in out the box . But from everyone I talked to who's running fox on different applications, They said fox is solid but need to be tuned .

I decided to take the chance and I'm glad I did. I just figured I'll try it as last resort and if I still had the clunk at least my shocks will be smoother then what they were out the box.At the end it fixed that nasty clunk and way smoother. Day and night difference.

Hit up Cody at TSW AZ . Just look at his profile on Instagram and his work speaks for itself .

OP
OP
jessie5150

jessie5150

Reaction score
@Gen1TillDeath that's what I'm saying ! Maybe that's why they're always on sale ? I bought mine from stage 3 motorsports for 2400.
I called fox and same as others ,said they never heard of this issue and he's been there for 10yrs blah blah . But yeah I'm glad Cody got it dialed in.now I can actually enjoy the truck .

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should contact them and let them know what 3rd party companies have discovered. I would HOPE they would be open and receiving the whole thing but…. Seems as though guys are better off picking up a used set and having those rebuilt then….

OP
OP
jessie5150

jessie5150

Reaction score
@Gen1TillDeath I tried working with fox directly since the shocks are brand and are covered under the 1yr warranty. They went on and on about random stuff n about his gladiator does the same thing and blah blah then he realized that I wasn't giving up . Then he told me there was a batch of bad shocks . He asked for the part number ,ran it and said it wasn't part of that batch . So towards the end of the call he said if I can get the specific valving specs and they can valve it .

you can't get that from a shock tuner . That's like asking them for there family secret recipe. Countless hours have gone into their work and that's what sets them apart from other shock tuners/builders.

So I tried talking to stage 3 motorsports to see if they can cover shipping cost to TSW and they said no and I'm SOL they can't do anything ,I have to deal with fox directly only . So aka S3M was worthless. I called fox back .some one else answered and left a msg for the guy I was talking too . asked if they can create just one shipping label from me to TSW and they said they would call me back but guess what no call back . Just a waist of time .

So TSW being the best in the business and awesome customer support. He arranged for me to meet up with his buddy that was passing through to help out on some of the shipping cost .

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man….. what a freaking hassle… and that’s very unprofessional of FOX to essentially not give you the time of day and actually care about yours or anyone else’s issues, but they’re just too big of a business I guess.

Either way, I’m glad you got it figured out. If I ever go 3.0’s in the rear, I’ll definitely be getting a used set then and sending out to TSW, they rebuilt my stickies and couldn’t be happier so…