Four Wheeler: 10 reasons Raptor better than TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
From all the reviews the TRX has soundly beaten the Raptor and its verrrr verrrrr sounding eco-**** engine. You can have the gas mileage :lol2:

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to believe that something working correctly and not towing could get 10MPG.
My Gen1 gets 10MPG. Overall average is less than 10 actually. It sure as hell doesn't do 0 to 60 in 4.1. Where I do agree with you, and possibly what you were getting at, is it is hard to believe a factory would release a vehicle that gets 10MPG in 2021. The rocks on Chrysler...

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the TRX is great and I still love my 2019 Raptor. There are a bunch of "good" choices nowadays in the automotive landscape. If I see a TRX driving around soon in DFW, I'm going to be checking it out and listening to it. That doesn't take away from how inherently good the Gen 2 Raptor is. The more good vehicles, the merrier. Competition improves the breed.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Gen1 gets 10MPG. Overall average is less than 10 actually. It sure as hell doesn't do 0 to 60 in 4.1. Where I do agree with you, and possibly what you were getting at, is it is hard to believe a factory would release a vehicle that gets 10MPG in 2021. The rocks on Chrysler...

If you drove a TRX the way you drive your Gen1, you'd be lucky to get 6mpg. It would be fun, though.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol if anyones going to do it its MOPAR LOL!!!

I remember reading a thorough review of 1/2 ton trucks back in like 2016-2017 I believe & part of it included comparing actual MPG vs. the tucks calculated displayed mpg vs advertised mpg

I wanna say that GM actually performed a little better than advertised & was dead nuts on the displayed MPG relative to actual, the Ford was like slightly less than advertised but actual was slightly better than the trucks computer, & the Ram was like 2mpg WORSE than advertised & the actual was like 1/2 mpg lower than what the trucks DIC showed hahahahahaha

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motortrend noted that the TRX hit 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. That’s a lot better than what I expected given its size. Moreover, that’s an entire second faster than a stock Gen 2.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ram/1500/2021/2021-ram-1500-trx-first-test-review/

People don’t realize how much weight the hybrid stuff adds to the overall vehicle weight. The hybrid Aviator weighs nearly 1000 lbs more than the standard Aviator, which essentially makes it weigh the same as a Gen 2 Raptor. So I am curious to see what Ford does to compete with the TRX on 0-60. 4.1 is going to be tough to beat with a combustion engine.

Hybrids and electrics are the kings of 0-60 because of instant torque. Given a G2 with an intercooler and a tune comes close to TRX's 0-60, Im sure a powerboost keeping up in this metric isnt a concern.

D

Deleted member 17706

Tough to base the potential weight gain on the aviator b/c the hybrid aviator is pretty much already fully decked out w/ all the options in addition to the electric motor/battery also adding weight.

I seriously doubt Ford will allow The gen 3 raptor to gain much weight over the gen 2- if any. There are things they can do to help keep the weight down as well.

What does a tune only gen 2 run 0-60 sprint in typically? Mine sure as hell feels fast if launched correctly lol

That weight difference is between the same model Aviator: one is a Black Label and the other is a Black Label GT (hybrid)—the only difference is the powertrain. I have been looking at buying the hybrid version.

A good tune on the Gen 2 with upgraded FMIC will yield around 4.6 for 0-60.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That weight difference is between the same model Aviator: one is a Black Label and the other is a Black Label GT (hybrid)—the only difference is the powertrain. I have been looking at buying the hybrid version.

A good tune on the Gen 2 with upgraded FMIC will yield around 4.6 for 0-60.

Hmmm interesting, that Aviator hybrid is slick & the interior on the black label is the nicest I’ve seen in a mass produced vehicle, period.

what does a FMIC Do for 0-60 time tho? Other than allowing for more consistent/repeatable results I guess.