Four Days in Baja.........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After @Dan06 contacted me saying that he had never been to Baja and if I would be willing to show him and his buddy Dave around for a few days.....I had to think about it for all of 10 seconds and replied that I would love to.

After setting up a date in early December, I came up with a plan.

Day 1
Cross the border in Tecate and headed to the Pine Forest using some trails that haven't seen a tire track in years, stopped at Laguna Hansen, as you can imagine the water level was pretty low, took the typical route to highway 3, into Valle T....stopped for tacos then headed up to our first nights lodging at Mikes Sky Ranch using the back way.

Day 2
We headed out of Mikes using the front way down to highway 3 then east to Borrego before turning south to El Diablo dry lake bed, crossing the lake bed at times hitting 120 mph+, could have gone faster but the ground was a little "soft", after hitting Morelia Jct we turned south again. At the south end of Morelia Rd, where you drop into the wash, it was really overgrown due to not being used in a while, we lost the trail. Spend a little bit going thru some fields before making our own trail.
Picked up the old race coarse and headed to the top of Matomi Wash. Dropping into the wash all went ok but as soon as we made to the tight canyon, it was apparent that we weren't going to make it thru with out some moving of rocks.....or should I say boulders?
Took us an hour or so to get thru then it was smooth sailing out to highway 5.
Turning south, after a little wait in Gonzaga Bay for some gas, headed to Cocos Corner, running a little behind schedule we weren't able to stop and see if Coco was around, turning left at Cocos and headed to Frogs Canyon just as the sun was setting.
Here again its been a while since Frogs has been used, but other then a little over growth we made it without any problems. Hitting the pavement, we headed into Bay of LA for the night.

Day 3
Got an early start as today would be our longest of the trip.
Heading out of LA Bay, taking the crossover road to Rosarito we stopped at the mission at San Boraja for a quick tour and some pictures before we headed out back to Rosarito and out to the Pacific Coast.
After hitting the coast we stopped for a quick lunch, and after some high speed runs on the beach we headed north thru the Seven Sisters to Punta Canoas.
After gassing up in El Rosario we headed to our last nights stay at a secret resort location in San Quintin!

Day 4
Our plan for today was to follow the Baja 1000 coarse backwards from San Quintin to Santa Thomas. After a short time dealing with a chewed up coarse and numerous gates, we went out to the highway to bypass the greenhouses, etc, we got back on coarse at Shipwreck's and were able to follow the coarse to Santa Thomas with a must stop at Coyote Cal's in Erendira, where the owner, Rick was preparing a "sauna" complete with a bonfire for the weekends pajama party with rumor has it, some of Paris finest. :hitit:
After deciding to cross the border at Tecate instead of TJ, 2 hour wait vs 10 minuets, we parted ways with @Dan06 and Dave heading to Vegas for some more fun in the sun!

Have a few pics and videos to upload....also work on video from my GoPros that I hope to have up shortly.

Sano

Attachments

• RaptorRun6.jpg
    RaptorRun6.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 118
  • RaptorRun5.jpg
    RaptorRun5.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 116
  • RaptorRun 1.jpg
    RaptorRun 1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 111
  • RaptorRun3.jpg
    RaptorRun3.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 141
  • RaptorRun4.jpg
    RaptorRun4.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 108

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had an amazing time!!! Dan and Stan are awesome. Almost positive it'll end up being the best trip this year.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Looks an awesome trip! Glad Dan was able to get his motor problems squared away.

Thanks man. She ran great throughout the trip.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dream trip, if not trip of the year.

Couple gringos in 80k trucks, and no security concerns or issues.

Definitely a dream..

For security purposes I'd better go with you next time as the official soft target / diversionary vehicle / trail side entertainment.

Last edited: