Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Found that Damn Rattle

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Refugio, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Refugio

Refugio Full Access Member

About bout half of my mindset is knowing what the rattling is. Drives me crazy when I cant find it.
    I hope my lube job last more than a few days. Was still good and quiet today.

2. ADY

ADY Member

Confirmed, had the dealer lube it under warranty a year ago and the creak/rattle is back again. Ridiculous the dealer fix is oil/grease that wears away.

3. Raptorrunner2019

Raptorrunner2019 Full Access Member

My ears suck... I probably couldn’t hear a rattlesnake in my lap...

hamster likes this.
  4. hamster

hamster FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Very helpful. Thanks!

5. TYRCS

TYRCS Member

You can take it to the dealer and have them add this foam filler in the panels of the doors, I had it done for free on the interior door handels. I would go to open the door and all I would hear is this cheap plastic noise, I ask the service manager if a 70k truck should have this feature? He laughed and got it fixed for me while I went in for an oil change.

6. Scott Quillicy

Scott Quillicy Member

Thanks for this!! I had the same issue...rattle at very low speed...driving me nuts. Looked everywhere with no luck. Went out to the garage 15 minutes ago, lubed the fixed portion of the sunroof and zero rattle.

7. GCATX

GCATX FRF Addict

I get a high frequency "buzzing" at exactly 63-65 mph here. Below 63 quiet, above 65 quiet. I "think" it is the tire tread noise causing some sort of resonance. Tires have gotten considerably louder over time. I have a new set of rims and tires ready to go on. We will see.

8. Refugio

You are welcome

9. TXCobra

TXCobra Full Access Member

Thanks for this post...I have that rattle. Two dumb questions, the lube goes on the outside seal, nothing needs to be done inside the cab right? And did you guys order the stuff in the tube or the syringe? Just wondering if one is easier to apply than the other.

10. Refugio

I used the tube.
    Nothing done inside the truck.
    In my case, ran a very small bead between the rubber seal and the paint. Then, using a finger, smoothing and pushing it into the crevice and coating the rubber. A little of this grease goes a long way and try not to get too much smeared on the glass and paint. It will rub out if you do just keep flipping the rag over.
    I had already lubed the moving parts of the sunroof for maintenance but never lubed the gasket of the fixed part.
    Will now likely do this a couple of times a year to preserve from hot Texas sun.