Found a potential Raptor to buy. Dealer is not very knowledgeable.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an aside on the inter cooler, when you install a larger volume intercooler without a tune, you will change the vehicle’s throttle response and power as the air is now moving much slower

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an aside on the inter cooler, when you install a larger volume intercooler without a tune, you will change the vehicle’s throttle response and power as the air is now moving much slower
Who would do a FMIC without a tune though?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WHATEVER......

Call Icon, Fox, whoever reputable you want. It wont cost $30k to mod your truck!!! It could, but it doesn't have to!!! Hahahaha. Don't waste "30 hours" on the internet, just call one of the vendors on here and they'll hook you up.

$30k........you guys kill me sometimes

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the insight. This forum has helped tremendously with avoiding costly mistakes. I've spent the last several weeks looking at how to do 37's properly on the gen 2 for off-road use. It seems to be a lot more than what this truck has and what I'm looking to spend on mods.

From what I've gathered about this truck. It is a mall crawler with enough cutting to avoid rubbing but is by no means set up to run off-road. I think I'm going to pass on this one and wait until the gen 3 comes out and see if the prices come down a little bit.

This specific truck seems like more issues than it's worth to set it up the way I want it. I would have to immediately sell the wheels and tires, find 17in wheels with 35's. + a spare. I have no idea how long the truck has had 37's on it which makes me question the life remaining on the CV's etc. The truck looks to have stock rear springs that are probably worn. I would want +3 Deavers and bump stops ideally.
I think you made the right decision. A stock Gen2 Raptor drives amazing. The suspension is the best OEM suspension I've ever seen, and vastly superior to everything but super high-end aftermarket suspensions. In general, if you encounter a Gen 2 with 37s that doesn't have suspension mods out the *****, run away. And even if it does have all the right mods, do you really want to inherit someone else's science project? IMO, start with a stock Gen 2 and build it yourself from there if mods are something you want. But you're not going to be disappointed with stock even if you stay there (I have).