Found a 21 but got a couple of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just happen got a text from an out-if-state dealer saying they had a 21’ 35 on the lot and asking 10k ADM. But I got awoke questions:
1. The date on the sticker is April 2022. Is this normal for Ford still producing 21MY?
2. The truck has 60 miles on it and without any protection firms on screen and bags on the seats. Does this mean the truck is not new at all?
3. Since they charge ADM based on 21 prices, 10K over is likely to be 7k over on 22 after price increases. I hate to pay for ADM, but given the current market, do you think this deal is reasonable?
I also have ordered both Raptor and TRX with MSRP and under invoice (without price protection) back to January. So just want some suggestions on whether I should take the deal or not.
Thanks

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
1. Yes it’s normal. Was most likely on chip hold.
2. The dealer already received and prepped the truck. They take all that stuff off for their inspection unless you ask them not to.
3. It’s normal. Doesn’t matter if it’s a 21 or 22. Is it a deal? No. Would I pay it? No. I’d wait for your order to be built at msrp. What’s the rush?

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had to order out of state because of the ADM issue in CA. Went all the way to the east coast through a family friend. I'd be looking for a 22 not 21. With that ADM you can easily find it in a 22.

OP
OP
X

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Yes it’s normal. Was most likely on chip hold.
2. The dealer already received and prepped the truck. They take all that stuff off for their inspection unless you ask them not to.
3. It’s normal. Doesn’t matter if it’s a 21 or 22. Is it a deal? No. Would I pay it? No. I’d wait for your order to be built at msrp. What’s the rush?
Thanks. I don’t think the dealer has an allocation for that and it’s still unscheduled clean. Probably an indefinite wait. I’m afraid the price would increase if it finally rolls into 2023 MY…

OP
OP
X

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to order out of state because of the ADM issue in CA. Went all the way to the east coast through a family friend. I'd be looking for a 22 not 21. With that ADM you can easily find it in a 22.
I’m in CA too. Yes they also seem to have a 22 37 listed for 10k over but not sure if it’s a stock order. I choose 21 because the MSRP is low. BTW what’s new in 22 besides R button and the removed blue cruise?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Thanks. I don’t think the dealer has an allocation for that and it’s still unscheduled clean. Probably an indefinite wait. I’m afraid the price would increase if it finally rolls into 2023 MY…
Well that’s an important piece in the decision! Lol. I’d definitely verify they have an allocation. If you’re ok paying markup do it!

OP
OP
X

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that’s an important piece in the decision! Lol. I’d definitely verify they have an allocation. If you’re ok paying markup do it!
I contacted tens of dealers in Jan but only 2 agrees to order at MSRP. Both of them can’t confirm the allocation…